Full Job Description
Faculty members within the rank of Lecturer are required to carry out allocated teaching courses, scholarly activities, services to GlobalU’s and administrative responsibility as per GlobalU roles and allocation from time to time.
- Preparing and delivering lectures, tutorials, workshops, and seminars.
- Collaborating with other academics and lecturers to improve teaching methods and expand knowledge base.
- Setting and grading assignments, tests, and exams within defined timescales.
- Undertaking internal moderation and providing reports for internal and external audiences.
- Presenting students results at examination boards.
- Attending and participating in meetings, conferences, and other events in and outside of the institution.
- Participating in training opportunities and initiatives at the institution.
- Providing support to students and other colleagues.
- Staying current by reading widely and producing published work in the field.
- Perform periodical review of course syllabi to maintain consistency across the faculty in the department.
- Ensure consistency in course syllabus, weekly plan, assessment methods, and course file management.
- Record advisement of courses of academically at-risk students and maintain follow-up action plan for each of such students.
- Ensure effective instructors’ skills, communication skills, command on the subject etc. and pro-actively detect early warning signals (if any) in effective classroom management.
- Review student feedback on teaching performance.
- Advise regular students and monitor at-risk students for improving academic performance.
Maintain continuous improvement of activities under:
- Instructional resources
- Learning assessment and closing the loop
- Usage of library
- Usage of IT facilities in classrooms
- Arranging workshop for corporates and students
Master’s Degree as per position requirement.
Ideally 5 years of teaching experience in an online environment in a IT or digital technologies related subject area in further/higher education.
Ideally be in possession of a PG Certification in Education or be prepared to work towards attaining the qualification.
Proven track record as an academic & researcher.
A high degree of computer literacy and demonstrated ability to integrate technology into the learning environment and teaching methodology.
Excellent verbal and written communication skills and a demonstrated competency to interact with people at all levels of the organization.
This job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee. Other duties, responsibilities and activities may change or be assigned