Job title: Laundry – Pressman
Company: The First Group
Job description: Our Company – Wyndham Hotels & Resorts
Welcome to the largest hotel company in the world. At Wyndham Hotels & Resorts, our Team Members have the opportunity to explore both personal and professional development opportunities throughout their careers. Wyndham Hotels & Resorts is the champion of the everyday traveler. Through the largest and widest collection of hotel experiences in the world, we work to make hotel travel possible for all. Wherever and however people travel, Wyndham will be there to welcome them.
With nearly 9,000 hotels across the globe and through its network of nearly 790,000 rooms appealing to the everyday traveler, Wyndham commands a leading presence in both the economy and midscale segments of the hospitality industry. The company operates a portfolio of 20 hotel brands, including Super 8®, Days Inn®, Ramada®, Microtel Inn & Suites®, La Quinta®, Wingate®, AmericInn®, Hawthorn Suites®, The Trademark Collection® and Wyndham®. The Company’s award-winning Wyndham Rewards® loyalty program offers more than 56 million enrolled members the opportunity to redeem points at thousands of hotels, condominiums, and holiday homes globally. For more information, visit www.wyndhamhotels.com.
Our Brand – TRYP by Wyndham®
POWERED BY THE CITY. TRYP has locations in every country on your bucket list, from Berlin to Barcelona, New York City to São Paulo and of course, the city of superlatives, Dubai. Each TRYP hotel is nestled in the heart of the city, giving you easy access to downtown hubs, for a rich and authentic experience. Business travelers will revel in our comfortable settings and plentiful amenities, and families will delight in many of our convenient facilities and offers. All our guests will enjoy their way into the city’s best kept secrets and more.
Our passion for our guests is equal to our passion for our cities. Our global locations put you at the fore of the urban scene, while our local and connected TRYPSTERS guide you to unique and memorable experiences – from great local cuisine to fabulous nights in the town. We want to wine you, dine you, relax you, and connect you.
Our Hotel – TRYP by Wyndham Dubai
With 650 guest rooms and suites, the four-star TRYP by Wyndham Dubai is currently the largest TRYP by Wyndham hotel in the world! Centrally located in Al Barsha Heights formerly known as TECOM, the hotel will be within easy reach of popular attractions including the Mall of the Emirates, Palm Jumeirah and the Expo 2020 site. Hotel facilities include NEST, one of the world’s first fully integrated co-working spaces within a worldwide branded hotel, which offers both shared and private meeting and event areas, rentable desks, and various networking opportunities. The hotel also features a spa, gymnasium, outdoor pool and a wide variety of food and beverage outlets including a coffee shop, club lounge, an International all-day dining restaurant, a Mediterranean Restaurant and lounge, and an authentic Spanish Taberna.
Work Culture and Benefits
Embark on a rewarding career with TRYP by Wyndham Dubai where you will be supported throughout your professional journey with tailored learning opportunities and development training. We are committed to providing a nurturing environment where all of our team members can explore personal and professional development opportunities throughout their tenure with us. We offer a variety of leadership training, mentoring opportunities, and educational support to continually foster a culture of diversity and inclusion.
We are committed to attracting, motivating, and retaining talented team members who align with our company’s core values. We are proud to reward our team members with comprehensive benefit programs and resources which include: return air tickets to home destination, uniform and laundry services, accommodation and recreation facilities, medical coverage and life insurance, transportation, duty meals, colleague discount in our F&B outlets and reduced hotel rates, enhanced employee rewards program, team bonding and engagement events, employee health and wellness activities.
Under the general direction of the Laundry Supervisor or delegate and within the limits of established TRYP Hotel policies and procedures, responsible for sorting and washing and Pressing hotel and guest laundry and linen in a timely manner, avoiding idling of machines. Promotes the desired work.
- Sorts hotel and guest linen/uniforms for washing.
- Ensures timely loading and unloading of machines.
- Ensures timely addition of chemicals in proper quantity.
- Maintains proper temperature, pressure and water level.
- Ensures machines and areas are kept clean and tidy at all time.
- Ensures all stains are removed, testing the chemicals before applying on the fabric, else inform the laundry supervisor.
- Attends all staff training meetings as when directed by the superiors.
- Reports health or safety hazards to the Laundry Supervisor.
- Sorts hotel and guest linen / uniform for pressing.
- Ensures proper temperature and pressure required as per the texture of the textile.
- Ensures timely pressing of all items.
- Ensures machines and areas are kept in proper working order.
- Ensures all garments being pressed are in proper condition, else inform the supervisor, for suitable action to be taken.
- Ensure work area is kept clean and tidy all the time.
- Ensures broken zippers, missing buttons are replaced by tailor.
- Ensures mending is done if necessary.
- Attends all staff training meetings as when directed by the superiors
- Reports health or safety hazards to the Laundry Manager
- Completes all other duties assigned by superiors.
- Be aware of duty of care and adhere to occupational, health and safety legislation, policies and procedures.
- Be familiar with property safety, first aid and fire and emergency procedures and operate equipment safely and sensibly.
- Initiate action to correct a hazardous situation and notify supervisors of potential dangers.
Desired Skill & Expertise
- 1-year experience in a similar role.
- Housekeeping background experience is an advantage.
- Good command of English (written and spoken).
- Knowledgeable in Fabrics, Laundry Machinery, Laundry Chemicals.
Job date: Sat, 07 Jan 2023 01:30:54 GMT
Apply for the job now!