Job title: Local Business Development Manager – Mercedes
Job description: Overview
Mercedes Benz of Gatwick
Monday to Friday 8.30am – 5.30pm (40 hours per week)
We are super excited to be recruiting for an ambitious and experienced Local Business Development Manager to join our hard-working and friendly team. Do you have a passion for sales and maintaining strong enduring relationships with both new and existing B2B customers? Are you self-motivated and able to achieve sales targets and increase sales revenue for the customer base in your defined territory? If the answer is yes then please read on!
Your role as a Local Business Development Manager would be to prospect the Local Businesses in the South East and the surrounding areas and introduce the Mercedes brand. As a Local BDM you will be working closely with the General Sales Manager – Stephen Forsyth. You’ll also have dotted line into Shelley Hood who is the Group LBDM Manager. Shelley has been with the business for over 17 years (over 20 years in the industry) and will help impact your knowledge and experience, allowing you to develop your skills and establish a strong career within the industry. There are a total of 35 Local Business Development Managers across the business so you will always have the team support you need.
Our Local Business Development Manager are the key points of contact and pay close attention to detail to understand B2B customers wants and needs;
- Increasing revenue and achieving sales growth by working towards agreed targets and objectives.
- Managing the full sales cycles; from identifying new prospects to securing new opportunities, negotiating, and closing deals.
- Following sales best practices and monitoring/reporting on all sales activity as required
- Maintaining a strong relationship with all potential and existing business/ B2B customers and effectively selling our premium range of products.
- Using your initiative and being proactive in coming forward with innovative ideas which could benefit the team and wider business.
- You will also work as part of the Looker’s LBDM Team who have representatives for our brands nationally.
The ideal candidate will have strong communication skills, a dedication to flawless B2B customer service and will be passionate about the motor trade industry. Having lots of enthusiasm, drive and motivation is key to consistently achieve fantastic results.
Previous experience in a similar position and within the motor trade would be preferred but not essential as we are always on the look out for new talent to join our team.
You will need to hold a full UK driving license as you may be expected to drive some of the most prestigious cars on the market!
Lookers are proud to be one of the top three motor vehicle retailers in the UK, representing 32 vehicle manufacturers, selling and servicing a huge range of cars at over 150 franchised dealerships across hundreds of locations throughout the UK and Ireland. We recognise the hard work, flexibility and commitment of our people so we offer an industry leading benefits package. This includes competitive basic salaries plus;
- Enhanced holidays that increase with service
- Eligibility to join one of our car schemes
- Critical illness cover after 2 years and Life Assurance
- Smart Health – free access to support 24 hours a day, 365 days a year
- Mental Health support available 24 hours a day, 365 days a year: Mental Health Aiders on site/online, EveryMind and much more
- Enhanced paid maternity, paternity and adoption leave
- For some roles a company car and additional earning potential through commission or bonus
We strongly believe in nurturing and providing our people with specific manufacturer brand and management training to enhance career development opportunities. We have a great bunch of people, and we like to celebrate and encourage success at all levels with our annual Lookers Excellence Awards. So, what are you waiting for?
Lookers are an equal opportunities employer. We are committed to a working environment that is free from all types of discrimination, is inclusive, and empowers our people to bring their whole self to work and reach their full potential.
If your application is successful we will conduct relevant employment checks prior to you starting with us. Depending on the role and responsibilities, these could include us verifying your recent employment, address and credit history. We may also conduct a criminal record check and a driving license check.
Location: Crawley, West Sussex
Job date: Wed, 24 May 2023 02:26:37 GMT
Apply for the job now!