Job title: Business Development Manager, UK&I, Spain & Portugal
Job description: #LI-hybrid
Norstella is a group of prominent pharmaceutical solutions providers – Evaluate, MMIT, Panalgo, The Dedham Group and Citeline – that help clients navigate complexities at each step of the drug development life cycle, from pipeline to patient. For more information, please visit .
Citeline is one of the world’s leading providers of data and intelligence on clinical trials, drug treatments, medical devices and what’s new in the regulatory and commercial landscape. Relying on us to deliver vital advantage when making critical R&D and commercial decisions, our customers come from over 3000 of the world’s leading pharmaceutical, contract research organizations (CROs), medical technology, biotechnology and healthcare service providers, including the top 10 global pharma and CROs.
From drug and device discovery and development to regulatory approval, and from product launch to lifecycle management, we provide the intelligence and insight to help our customers seize opportunities, mitigate risk and make business-critical decisions, faster. As the pharma and healthcare sector faces unparalleled upheaval, customers rely on our independent advice, enabling them to cut through the clutter and make sense of changing drug development, regulatory and competitive landscapes.
SCOPE OF THE ROLE
As the Business Development Manager for UK&I, Spain and Portugal, Biotech’s, you will support our accelerated growth plans for Citeline in 2023 and beyond.
We are looking for an ambitious individual to join us and drive new customer acquisition growth on multiple products and services within their assigned Biotech territory in UK&I, Spain and Portugal. You will be based in our London office. The team is typically in the office on Mondays, Wednesdays and Fridays.
HOW YOU’LL SUCCEED
In this role as Business Development Manager for UK&I, Spain and Portugal, you will:
- Network with companies within their assigned territory and become an expert in the Biotech industry;
- Understand customer challenges and business goals;
- Maintain high levels of outbound activity, keep an active schedule of calls, F2F meetings and proposals;
- Proactively hunt for new business opportunities, targeting organisations that do not currently engage with our products and services;
- Prospect for new clients via phone, email, and social media to ensure top of the funnel activities are met and overall pipeline generation goals are delivered upon;
- Attend and represent Citeline at conferences and other industry meetings to drive opportunity;
- Forecast accurately and manage pipeline risk to ensure monthly revenue goals are met;
- Create and own a sales plan to ensure you have clear goals and a process to achieve and exceed targets;
- Work with specialists to organise and run demonstrations to prospective customers;
- Become an expert across the product suite (subscriptions/SaaS, one-time products, and consulting), our competitors and our clients, to provide excellent service and maximize sales;
- Network with internal stakeholder to help collaborate on opportunities.
WHAT IT TAKES
- New business development experience;
- Experience of selling subscriptions or SaaS solutions ideally targeting Pharma/Biotech companies;
- Proven track record of winning new business and meeting or exceeding quotas;
- Experience of working with and consistently achieving Key Performance Indicators;
- Proactivity and ability to work in a fast paced, target driven environment;
- Experience of cold outbound activities by telephone, email and social media;
- Ability to learn new skills and deal with complex subject matter
- Exceptional communication and influencing skills, ability to build credible relationships both internally and externally;
- Fluency in English language.
Nice to have
- Life sciences industry experience;
- Fluency in any other languages.
WHAT WE OFFER YOU
- 25 days annual leave plus bank holidays, 4 days for volunteering and a day off for your Birthday,
- Life assurance,
- Company Healthcare,
- 5% Pension match.
Citeline is an equal opportunities employer and does not discriminate on the grounds of gender, sexual orientation, marital or civil partner status, pregnancy or maternity, gender reassignment, race, colour, nationality, ethnic or national origin, religion or belief, disability or age. Our ethos is to respect and value people’s differences, to help everyone achieve more at work as well as in their personal lives so that they feel proud of the part they play in our success. We believe that all decisions about people at work should be based on the individual’s abilities, skills, performance and behaviour and our business requirements. Citeline operates a zero tolerance policy to any form of discrimination, abuse or harassment.
We know that sometimes the ‘perfect candidate’ doesn’t exist, and that sometimes the best opportunities are hidden by self-doubt. We disqualify ourselves before we have the opportunity to be considered. Regardless of where you came from, how you identify, or the path that led you here, you are welcome. If you read this job description and feel engaged and excited, we’d love to see you apply.
Job date: Tue, 23 May 2023 22:55:08 GMT
Apply for the job now!