Job title: MULTIDISCIPLINARY BIM MANAGER
Company: Duncan & Ross
Job description: Job Purpose
The BIM Manager supports the implementation of BIM processes and systems across all company projects by ensuring that all stages of the design process are met according to the company policy and BIM execution plan. establishing and monitoring the client’s BIM implementation plan across branches. A BIM manager is responsible for ensuring all disciplines are working together to produce coordinated BIM models. Initiating new technologies to meet milestones on time and on budget is the responsibility of the BIM manager.
- This role will be a visible and active champion of transformation across our region and is critical to enabling us to work in a more integrated way.
- Assist and provide BIM input in the development of bid and fee proposals
- BIM designer tasks such as set-up, documentation and delivery of projects using BIM techniques and software
- Increasing Client value from Digital Engineering (DE) including the adoption of Building Information Modelling (BIM) & other Digital Platforms to enhance our project delivery
- Streamlining service delivery workflows, including defining and implementing design management and coordination processes.
- Ensuring WSA’s full digital capability is brought to bids and projects
- Manage or provide input in project/client BIM execution plans
- Attend client and project start up BIM/digital delivery meetings
- Run and attend project BIM coordination sessions
- Act as a BIM consultant for full discipline.
- BIM Management services, providing oversight of model development of other consultants/contractors and where they are meeting the requirements of the project BIM execution plan
- Assist, mentor, and train less experienced staff in the use of BIM and all elements of integrated digital delivery
KNOWLEDGE AND EXPERIENCE:
- 10+ years production experience in design, drafting or engineering
- Technical Skills: Autodesk BIM 360 Document Management, Revit, Dynamo, Navisworks, AutoCAD 2D and 3D, Adobe Photoshop MS Office suite
- Have an in-depth working knowledge of current BIM versions with emphasis on project sheet setup.
- Leadership skills
- Persistence and determination
- Ability to use your initiative
- Excellent verbal communication skills
- Attention to detail
- Business management skills
- Ability to organise your time and workload
- Be flexible and open to change
EDUCATION AND TRAINING:
Bachelor’s degree in architecture, construction, product design, civil engineering or architectural technology
Job date: Thu, 01 Jun 2023 22:53:44 GMT
Apply for the job now!