Job title: People and Purpose Team | Center of Excellence (CoE) | Nationalization Manager
Job description: Location
When you work for us, you commit to a career at one of the largest and most prestigious professional services firms in the world. Looking for a rewarding career? Take a closer look at Deloitte Middle East. You’ll understand that Deloitte is a Tier 1 Tax advisor in the GCC region since 2010 (according to the International Tax Review World Tax Rankings). It has received numerous awards in the last few years which include Best Employer in the Middle East, best consulting firm, and the Middle East
Training & Development Excellence Award by the Institute of Chartered Accountants in England and Wales (ICAEW).
In addition to our opportunities in audit & assurance, tax, consulting, risk advisory and financial advisory, we offer a variety of careers in Internal Client Services (ICS) considered essential to the growth of our organization. Whether in Brand & Communications, Human Resources, or Finance, a career in ICS with Deloitte will give you the opportunity to join an organization undergoing rapid expansion in a region of fast-paced growth. Your role will not just put your passion for creative solutions to the test, it will provide you with an environment to grow and build a career based on excellence.
Deloitte makes an impact that matters. Every day we challenge ourselves to do what matters most-for clients, for our people, and for society. We serve clients distinctively, bringing innovative insights, solving complex challenges and unlocking sustainable growth. We inspire our talented professionals to deliver outstanding value to clients, providing an exceptional career experience and an inclusive and collaborative culture. We contribute to society, building confidence and trust in the markets, upholding the integrity of organizations and supporting our communities.
Our shared values guide the way we behave to make a positive, enduring impact:
- Lead the way
- Serve with integrity
- Take care of each other
- Foster inclusion
- Collaborate for measurable impact
During your tenure as Manager in the Center of Excellence will report directly to the Firm’s Nationalization CoE within its Enabling Functions. You will work with different internal functions of the Firm and you will demonstrate your capabilities in the following areas:
- Develop, update and implement the nationalization strategy across Deloitte Middle East (DME) in collaboration with each of the firm’s business and geography leads.
- Develop, track, and ensure the implementation of the nationalization strategy roadmap.
- Building connections with relevant supporting government entities to map and connect with local talent as well as anchor and champion governmental programs
- In collaboration with the geography leads, develop a government engagement strategy with key nationalization entities including with governmental & labour agencies and programs SOCPA,NITAQAT,ADGM, MoHRE, NAFIS etc..
- Develop relationships with regional and international universities to attract national talents
- Own summer and universities coop national programs
- Formulate a detailed secondment and mobility strategy that is applicable for national development and retention
- Develop geography specific market, competition and geographical benchmarks to develop appropriate reward and benefit schemes for the attraction, retention, eminence and development of national talent.-
- Report to leadership on strategy, scope, and KPI’s on a quarterly basis.
- Create an external nationalization employer brand for attracting top national talent (work with stakeholders, reward schemes, etc.).
- Launch, monitor and report on internal/external nationalization campaigns in alignment with DME Brand & Communications functions.
- Analyze nationalization percentage reports and drive actions based on reported data analysis.
Functional role: Alignment & Consolidation
- and provide data and insights to help inform future hiring
- Advise the firm’s businesses, geographies and Nationalization committee on business or geography specific programs.
- Implement and launch regional programs and strategic interventions related to nationalization with alignment at both the business and geography levels.
- Maintain visibility on all business and geography specific nationalization projects.
- In collaboration with the brands, communication and marketing team Manage the design, execution, and marketing of the nationalization campaign and raise awareness through engagement (e.g., newsletters, webinars, etc.).
- Work and closely collaborate with the nationalization committee at DME.
- Develop and issue reports on nationalization percentages and quotas.
Functional Role: Attraction & Employer Branding
- Create a strong external Brand in collaboration with the BCM team to improve social media presence to attract and engage with nationals.
- Build and maintain a market map of nationals in key positions regionally and work with the talent attraction organization to maintain a pipeline of future national leadership hires
- Build productive relationships with key universities in the region in collaboration with the Talent attraction and mobility CoE
- Facilitate relationships and networks with nationals studying at overseas universities to advance our ACAP (Arab career advancement program) agenda.
- Work with the relevant internal stakeholders to raise awareness of the Nationalisation Agenda through education sessions, events and engagements
Functional Role: National Experience & Retention
- Review and analyse national retention trends. Advise businesses on external and internal benchmarks to reference and course correct if necessary
- Promote the global and within member firm mobility opportunities for nationals so that he have varied experiences.
- Ensure Nationals have a smooth offboarding experience, capturing any relevant insights during the exit interview and helping promote alumni program enrollment
- Builds own understanding of our purpose and values; explores opportunities for impact and is proactive.
- Demonstrates strong commitment to personal learning and development; acts as a brand ambassador to help attract top national talent.
- Understands expectations and demonstrates personal accountability for keeping performance on track.
- Actively focuses on developing effective communication, leadership, and relationship-building skills.
- Understands how their daily work contributes to the priorities of the team and business at all geography levels.
- Ideally possessing a total of 5-7 years of professional experience with a minimum of 2-3 years of experience in a strategic leadership position at a recognized firm/conglomerate working on nationalization
- Some periodic travel to other Middle East countries, mainly in the GCC will be required.
- Ideal candidate would have experience in formulating a nationalization strategy or would have strong exposure to attracting, developing and retaining talent in either UAE or KSA geographies which have strong nationalization schemes.
- Applicants should be bilingual (Arabic and English) with a good command of both the English and Arabic languages (both written and spoken), and possess at a minimum the following skills and attributes:
- Bachelor’s degree in Business Administration, or any related field; master’s degree is a plus
- Preferably a GCC National or someone who has spent most of their career in UAE or KSA.
- Very strong organizational, communication, and leadership skills
- Proactive in seeking knowledge
- Creative and strategic in way of thought
- Excellent problem-solving skills with impeccable attention to details and ability to manage Ad-Hoc requests
- The ability to work with multiple different teams at once
- Solid knowledge of MS Office tools as well as other platforms and tools
Location: Riyadh – Dubai
Job date: Fri, 02 Jun 2023 04:15:43 GMT
Apply for the job now!