Full Job Description
What’s the role?
The Production Technician panel role will operate the LNG, Utilities and Storage & Loading areas of the facility, control the safe execution of work utilizing permit to work and safe isolation systems and perform response roles in the event of an emergency.
Location: Curtis Island, Gladstone, Australia
This role is based on Curtis Island with a daily Ferry commute, working a rotational shift roster.
- Demonstrates a deep strong commitment to our values, code of conduct, safety, and the environment
- Ensures safe work execution on the facility
- Role model D&I behaviors and create an environment where different views and perspectives are valued.
- Demonstrates strong understanding of production systems and ways of working
- Role model for safety and disciplined operations
The Production Technician accountabilities include:
- Operate LNG facility from the Central control room panel including development and risk assessment of operational overrides
- Develop, review and work within operating procedures
- Operate the LNG panel following standard operating procedures to meet QGC’s environmental commitment, compliance, and standards
- Ensure production targets and quality specifications are met for all products and waste streams
- Report all parameters/conditions found outside normal operating guidelines. Take action to return conditions to within operating guidelines and escalate those that cannot.
- Ensure guidelines, standing instructions and procedures are understood and adhered to by all maintenance, contractors and other personnel working on or otherwise accessing the plant
- Maintain a comprehensive shift log indicating key elements of the plant status, process parameters and equipment availability
- Conduct comprehensive shift hand-overs to ensure a smooth transition across shifts
- Respond to trips and emergency situations in a safe and efficient manner
- Troubleshoot process and technical problems; recommend any changes that may require implementation to prevent reoccurrence
- Provide operational support to other work groups as required
- Perform emergency response roles as an Operations shift team member, in the control room under MOME protocol. Participate in training and simulation activities to maintain and enhance skills in the application of emergency response procedures. Take part in reviews of emergency response plans & procedures.
- A demonstrable drive to set high personal standards of safety
- Team oriented and focused on team objectives
- Possessing a passion for learning and development
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Basic user of Microsoft Office applications
- High level interpersonal skills
- Experienced user of Permit to Work systems for the hydrocarbon or Major Hazard Facility industry
What we need from you..?
Production Technician candidates will have significant experience in oil & gas process plant operations in the LNG panel position. Previous experience in cascade LNG is highly desirable. The incumbent will possess an operational background with extensive experience in at least six (6) of the following systems:
- Liquefaction / refrigeration / cryogenic processes
- Gas turbines, compressor control systems
- Scrubbers, absorbers
- CO2 removal systems
- Waste heat recovery, fired heaters, furnaces or flare systems
- Gas compressors (centrifugal, reciprocating or multi-stage)
- Splitters, separators
- Power generation, turbo alternators
- Plant utilities (demineralized water, nitrogen, plant air, instrument air, effluent treatment)
- LNG storage and transfer systems (Loading),
- Process controls and safety systems, (control loops, instrumented protective systems)
- Emergency systems and procedures
- Good English communication verbally and written
The successful candidate will require eligibility for an Australian working visa. At Shell we believe that every individual has something valuable to offer. We understand that the more diverse the workforce, the wider the variety of ideas we bring to the table.
We are keen to support flexible working arrangements, subject to local regulations and legislative frameworks. If this is of interest to you, please describe in your application the type of flexible working arrangements for which you would like to be considered.
More about Shell in Australia
Shell Australia is a leading natural gas producer, and we are playing our part in the transition to a low-carbon future by also investing in the power sector, renewable energy sources and carbon abatement activities. A Shell career offers opportunities to work on innovative projects such as the Prelude floating LNG facility offshore of Western Australia and the QGC onshore gas business in Queensland. Beyond these are a wide range of Shell’s New Energies development opportunities. Join Shell and let’s power progress together with more and cleaner energy solutions.
An innovative place to work
There’s never been a more exciting time to work at Shell.
Join us and you’ll be adding your talent and imagination to a business with the ambition to shape the future – whether by investing in oil, gas and renewable energy to meet demand, exploring new ways to store energy, or developing technology that helps the world to use energy more efficiently, everyone at Shell does their part.
An inclusive place to work
To power progress, we need to attract and develop the brightest minds and make sure every voice is heard. Here are just some of the ways we are nurturing an inclusive environment – one where you can express your ideas, extend your skills, and reach your potential.
- We’re creating a space where people with disabilities can excel through transparent recruitment process, workplace adjustments and ongoing support in their roles. Feel free to let us know about your circumstances when you apply, and we’ll take it from there.
- We’re closing the gender gap – whether that’s through action on equal pay or by enabling more women to reach senior roles in engineering and technology.
- We’re striving to be a pioneer of an inclusive and diverse workplace, promoting equality for employees regardless of sexual orientation or gender identity.
- We consider ourselves a flexible employer and want to support you finding the right balance. We encourage you to discuss this with us in your application.
A rewarding place to work
Combine our creative, collaborative environment and global operations with an impressive range of benefits and joining Shell becomes an inspired career choice.
We’re huge advocates for career development. We’ll encourage you to try new roles and experience new settings. By pushing people to reach their potential, we frequently help them find skills they never knew they had, or make career moves they never thought possible.
Aboriginal candidates are strongly encouraged to apply. At Shell we believe that every individual has something valuable to offer. We understand that the more diverse the workforce, the wider the variety of ideas we bring to the table. Shell values diversity and offers: flexible work schedules, work and family programs, health and wellness programs, employee networks and mentoring, plus great training and development. The successful candidate should be an Australian Citizen or Permanent Resident. Please note: We occasionally amend or withdraw Shell jobs and reserve the right to do so at any time, including prior to the advertised closing date. Before applying, you are advised to read our data protection policy. This policy describes the processing that may be associated with your personal data and informs you that your personal data may be transferred to Shell/Shell Group companies around the world. The Shell Group and its approved recruitment consultants will never ask you for a fee to process or consider your application for a career with Shell. Anyone who demands such a fee is not an authorised Shell representative and you are strongly advised to refuse any such demand. Shell is an Equal Opportunity Employer.