Job title: Recreation Supervisor
Job description: Job Number 23035100
Job Category Golf, Fitness, & Entertainment
Location JW Marriott Marquis Hotel Dubai, Sheikh Zayed Road Business Bay, Dubai, United Arab Emirates, United Arab Emirates
Located Remotely? N
Position Type Non-Management
To have total knowledge on recreation department and in all administrative, operational and technical areas. Take care of all Recreation aspects when manager is absent.
SCOPE / BUSINESS CONTEXT
- A Full Time position based at JW Marriott Marquis Dubai.
- Number of Direct Reports – 7
- Titles of Direct Reports – Lifeguards and Fitness Instructors
- Minimum 4 years of experience as Fitness Instructor
Skills and Knowledge
- Good oral and written communication skills in English
- Able to get on well with people from many different backgrounds
- Able to work under pressure at times
- Ability to be versatile
- Able to do shift work
- Well presented
- Clear speech
- Must be able to do hard physical work
- Good general health
- Self-motivated – able to work on their own
Education or Certification
Min. 25 years of age
Computer literate (high)
Supervisor training course/ skills/certified instructor
Training & Appraisal Skills
To have worked in hotels before as supervisor
Group/PT Training Skills
The following are specific responsibilities and contributions critical to the successful performance of the position:
Balanced Scorecard Results: Implements strategies and executes activities to drive and continuously improve financial results, guest satisfaction, human capital index and market share.
- To ensure that you are always courteous and friendly to guests, attentive to their needs, handle problems in a professional manner and are conscious of the importance of safety.
- Keep club in good maintenance.
- Enforcing all club rules and ensuring a safe environment for all guest using the club facilities.
- To be aware of Pool & Gym Health and safety regulations
- Work in reception predominately.
- To make sure that the associates clean the whole club to hotel standards.
- To make sure that the whole club is maintained
- To make sure that the pool, Gym and pool deck is maintained
- To report all engineering faults and to follow up on them.
- To ensure that all check list are completed and monitored
- Assisting with periodic cleaning and special cleaning
- To Train and develop your team, carry out
- Hold Team Meetings
- Dealing with Guest queries
- To be able to check the whole club and ensure standards
- To be able to train all new team members
- To have an understanding of costs
- Understand and activate club activities.
- Work closely with supplier of our consignment products.
- Deputizing for the Spa & recreation manager
- Supervision of associates within the department
- Dealing with Guests queries
- To carry out appraisals and 1.1
- Handle and complete all new staff inductions and orientation
- Ensure that all PR’s are done monthly as per budgeted figures and follow up in all purchases.
- To carry out brand Standards checks
- Any other relevant task
Safety and Security
- Report work related accidents, or other injuries immediately upon occurrence to manager/supervisor.
- Follow company and department safety and security policies and procedures to ensure a clean, safe, and secure environment.
- Notify Loss Prevention/Security of any guest reports of theft.
Policies and Procedures
- Follow company, hotel and department policies and procedures.
- Follows Marriott International Hotels Limited Regional Office policies and procedures
- Protect the privacy and security of guests and coworkers.
- Maintain confidentiality of proprietary materials and information.
- Ensure uniform, nametags, and personal appearance are clean, hygienic, professional and in compliance with company policies and procedures.
- Protect company tools, equipment, machines, or other assets in accordance with company policies and procedures.
- Perform other reasonable job duties as requested by Supervisors and Management.
- Working hours as required to do your job but normally not less than 48 hours per week.
- Actively listen and respond positively to guest questions, concerns, and requests using brand or property specific process (e.g., LEARN, JW Symphony of Service) to resolve issues, delight, and build trust.
- Assist other employees to ensure proper coverage and prompt guest service.
- Anticipate guests’ service needs, including asking questions of guests to better understand their needs and watching/listening to guest preferences and acting on them whenever possible.
- Address guests’ service needs in a professional, positive, and timely manner.
- Engage guests in conversation regarding their stay, property services, and area attractions/offerings.
- Thank guests with genuine appreciation and provide a fond farewell.
- Welcome and acknowledge each and every guest with a smile, eye contact, and a friendly verbal greeting, using the guest’s name when possible.
- Supply guests/residents with directions and information regarding property amenities, services, and hours of operation, and local areas of interest and activities.
- Answer telephones using appropriate etiquette including answering the phone within 3 rings, answering with a smile in one’s voice, using the callers’ name, transferring calls to appropriate person/department, requesting permission before placing the caller on hold, taking and relaying messages, and allowing the caller to end the call.
- Speak to guests and co-workers using clear, appropriate and professional language.
- Talk with and listen to other employees to effectively exchange information.
Working with Others
- Support all co-workers and treat them with dignity and respect.
- Handle sensitive issues with employees and/or guests with tact, respect, diplomacy, and confidentiality. Develop and maintain positive and productive working relationships with other employees and departments.
- Partner with and assist others to promote an environment of teamwork and achieve common goals.
Quality Assurance/Quality Improvement
- Comply with quality assurance expectations and standards, e.g. GuestVoice and JW Marriott Brand Standard Audit.
- Enter and locate work-related information using computers and/or point of sale systems.
- Stand, sit, or walk for an extended period of time or for an entire work shift.
- Read and visually verify information in a variety of formats (e.g., small print).
- Move, lift, carry, push, pull, and place objects weighing less than or equal to 10 pounds without assistance.
Marriott International is an equal opportunity employer. We believe in hiring a diverse workforce and sustaining an inclusive, people-first culture. We are committed to non-discrimination on any protected basis, such as disability and veteran status, or any other basis covered under applicable law.
Marriott International portfolio of brands includes both JW Marriott and Marriott Hotels.
Marriott Hotels, Marriott International’s flagship brand with more than 500 global locations, is advancing the art of hosting so that our guests can travel brilliantly. As a host with Marriott Hotels, you will help keep this promise by delivering premium choices, sophisticated style, and well-crafted details. With your skills and imagination, together we will innovate and reinvent the future of travel.
JW Marriott is part of Marriott International’s luxury portfolio and consists of more than 80 beautiful properties in gateway cities and distinctive resort locations around the world. JW believes our associates come first. Because if you’re happy, our guests will be happy. It’s as simple as that. Our hotels offer a work experience unlike any other, where you’ll be part of a community and enjoy a true camaraderie with a diverse group of co-workers. JW creates opportunities for training, development, recognition and most importantly, a place where you can really pursue your passions in a luxury environment. Treating guests exceptionally starts with the way we take care of our associates. That’s The JW Treatment™.
Job date: Fri, 24 Feb 2023 23:55:05 GMT
Apply for the job now!