Job title: Regional Learning & Development Manager MENA & SEA | Al Futtaim Retail
Job description: Job Requisition ID: 133741
Established in the 1930s as a trading business, Al-Futtaim Group today is one of the most diversified and progressive, privately held regional businesses headquartered in Dubai, United A”rab Emirates. Structured into five operating divisions; automotive, financial services, real estate, retail and healthcare; employing more than 35,000 employees across more than 20 countries in the Middle East, Asia and Africa, Al-Futtaim Group partners with over 200 of the world’s most admired and innovative brands. Al-Futtaim Group’s entrepreneurship and relentless customer focus enables the organisation to continue to grow and expand; responding to the changing needs of our customers within the societies in which we operate.
By upholding our values of respect, excellence, collaboration and integrity; Al-Futtaim Group continues to enrich the lives and aspirations of our customers each and every day.
About the role:
We are looking for a talented UAE national to join the organization as a Learning & Development Manager. The role works closely with both Al Futtaim Group L&D Dept and the Retail division to align all L&D’ strategies with the overall organizational objectives.
The Learning & Development Manager is responsible to develop and implement learning and development strategies and programs in alignment with Retail’s strategic goals and objectives in order to maintain a motivated and skilled workforce which will fulfils the needs and growth potential of the organisation whilst enhancing productivity, quality of work, and staff loyalty.
Learning & Development instore
- Provide support for L&D Specialists in the form of coaching, mentoring etc.
- Work with Group L&D and L&Ds to secure maximum utilisation of Group level offerings. In Region, provide support for efficient utilisation of the Regional Training Levy budget.
- Support the leadership skills development for all managers band F and above through the implementation, follow up and coaching of leadership programs such as Mint, etc.
- Learning & Development Strategy: Undertake Business Needs Analysis on an annual basis in order to plan, develop and implement the learning and development strategies across the Region. Establish and maintain appropriate systems for measuring this training in line with short and long term business goals. Translate the Regional training plan into local training plans for individual Business Units. Develop and maintain open communication between all parties.
- Training Budget: Develop, allocate, administer and track training budget by considering the costs of planned programs and by keeping within the entire manpower budget. Assess the return on investment of the training and development programme. In conjunction manage & control departmental expenditure within agreed budgets.
- Training Programs: Design, develop and recommend training & development programs based on organisation and the individual needs. Work with Business units to secure delivery of training that fulfil statutory policies including health & safety, employment and equality laws. Deliver training programs or arrange for others to do so as needed. Build a pool of competent departmental trainers thereby ensuring the use of proper training tools & techniques in order to achieve the annual & strategic training objectives.
- Training Efficiency and Effectiveness: Monitor, measure and report on training & development plans and achievements within agreed formats and timescales by using assessments, tests, questionnaires and discussions with Line Managers. Evaluate & adapt training & development programs based on changes that occur in the work environment.
- Support and monitor the progress & development of the Emirati Trainees/ co-workers in the company; coordinate closely with the Talent Manager, HRBPs & Group L&D to ensure continuity & consistency in the training and learning process for Emiratis to ensure we provide the right framework to retain UAE Nationals in line with “Emirati Quota” directives set by the Government Labour Department.
About the requirements:
- CIPD Diploma in Learning & Development Practise or equivalent
- 3 years’ experience in a Competence/Learning Development Environment with at least 12 months experience in a Training Coordinator role.
- Assessor qualification
- Proven experience in design and delivery of training programmes
- Proven consultation and/or training expert advice
- Workplace skills assessment
- Deliver presentations or training using up to date methods and techniques
- Have an understanding of e-learning techniques
- Experience of working in a multi-cultural environment
- Training Needs Analysis / Business Needs Analysis
- Ability to work in a multi-dimensional environment
- Excellent communication skills with the ability to connect with both senior managers and coworkers alike
- Creative problem solving
- Analytical and tactical ability
- Dynamic, action-orientated leader, who meets deadlines, inspires and leads by example
- Self-awareness and understand how your behavior effects others
- Highly skilled in PowerPoint and Excel
We’re here to provide excellent service but a little help from you can ensure a five-star candidate experience from start to finish.
Before you click “apply”: Please read the job description carefully to ensure you can confidently demonstrate why this opportunity is right for you and take the time to put together a well-crafted and personalised CV to further boost your visibility. Our global Talent Acquisition team members are all assigned to specific businesses to ensure that we make the best matches between talent and opportunities. We not only consider the requisite compatibility of skills and behaviours, but also how candidates align with our Values of Respect, Integrity, Collaboration, and Excellence.
As part of our candidate experience promise, we also want to make ourselves available to you throughout the application process. We make every effort to review and respond to every application.
Job date: Sat, 14 Jan 2023 05:48:49 GMT
Apply for the job now!