Job title: Senior Business Development Manager – Regional (North East)
Job description: Base Location: UK – Flexible with regular visits to Reading and London
Salary: Competitive plus Annual Bonus, Car/Cash Allowance + Benefits package
Working Pattern: Permanent | | options available
About the Department
SSE’s Distributed Energy team is experiencing significant growth. SSE Distributed Energy’s Whole System approach is accelerating the transition to net zero and creating a more resilient and sustainable energy system by investing in, building and connecting localised flexible infrastructure, using technology and data analytics to drive the long-term performance of energy assets. Our success is founded on a “whole system thinking” approach to decarbonisation with the development of solar, heat, EV assets and private network adoptions at the heart of our solution. For further differentiation and value add, we are also aiming to integrate smart local energy systems and IoT technologies. Consequently, you will have a broad understanding of Distributed Energy systems and the value that can be achieved from local energy systems.
What is the Role?
The Senior Business Development Manager will be a key role employed to drive forward our business relationships and solutions into the public sector, industrial and commercial market, regeneration and development markets, hence you will have a good working knowledge of these markets, the main competitors and the potential partners that operate within them.
The role will report to the Head of Business Development, will have responsibility for developing a robust pipeline across the target markets, and as such will carry an annual target based on project progression and contract value.
This exciting role is a genuine opportunity to position SSE energy solutions as a provider of choice across markets with growing need and requirement to address carbon reduction and energy sustainability. Candidates will have a core focus on our projects across North East but should be flexible travel the UK if required. This role has responsibility for developing You will be responsible for identifying opportunities, managing client and wider stakeholder relationships, and closing deals, supporting bid and development teams to secure contracts and partnerships with targeted organisations across the North East
You will need the gravitas to engage at senior and C-suite level, and the emotional intelligence to prioritise and orchestrate relationships across multiple organisations. You will be required to build and communicate critical customer insights into formal bid processes and to inform on partnership and sales strategies.
The role will develop a wide and close network of client and other stakeholder relationships to ensure awareness and influence on market and to continuously adapt propositions to suit both. The role will be the main client interface throughout the proposition phase. You will have sales input and oversight to the supporting development teams to ensure that propositions/bids are delivered on time and positions taken during negotiation are signed off by the business.
What do I need?
- Developing and owning sales and client strategies in line with the targets set for you.
- Work closely with the DE BD team and other internal stakeholders, to identify and close key targets and agree support required.
- Where required, deputise for the Head of BD and take ownership/lead on various functional improvement activities.
- Identify, qualify and scope new opportunities, ensuring the Salesforce CRM system is always current and accurate across the team.
- Develop and manage a pipeline of activity across a wide client base and other key stakeholders within the eco-system of an opportunity, such as developers, investors, operators, and consultants.
- Attend networking events as required and deliver speaker slots, both internally and externally to build SSE solutions brand awareness
- Monitoring the market to identify emerging technologies and solutions which SSE can exploit and act as a senior point of coordination for the businesses wider offering.
- Bring client drivers and market intelligence to all propositions/bids in this sector and as appropriate pre-position SSE’s DE offering and value ahead of procurement processes.
- Develop and maintain key account and client engagement / influencing plans and use these to direct future actions.
- Direct responsibility for ensuring propositions/bids successfully transition from initial bid to contract signature stage – holding an annual sales and pipeline target.
- Ensure that technical and commercial solutions meet the client’s requirements and our financial performance requirements.
Knowledge, Skills and Experience:
- Proven track record with relevant experience in the energy sector and operating in the public sector, I&C/data centre market – with evidence of building and closing a robust pipeline in this market.
- Industry relevant experience with specific experience operating in project sales within relevant areas of the energy infrastructure market. You will be able to evidence building and executing a successful pipeline of decarbonisation opportunities with whole system thinking.
- Experience of developing budgets and building sales plans to deliver against strategic objectives.
- Expert at creating and driving client engagement plans and influencing at a senior level towards a desired outcome.
- Highly experienced networker and relationship manager – connected and able to build and manage diverse relationships with a wide group of stakeholders from C-suite and through the organisation.
- Strong commercially and with good working knowledge of principal forms of contract.
- Experience of solution / consultative selling and building bespoke value propositions with customers across a complex range of technology and solutions.
- Willingness to develop and mentor Junior team members
We’re committed to ensuring we offer our people a great place to work, with competitive salary, contributory pension plan and benefits package. Click to find out what else is on offer.
All applications should be submitted online however to discuss any adjustments you may require submitting your application please get in touch with me firstname.lastname@example.org
We’ll let you know the outcome of your application after the closing date.
We all have different skills here at SSE and that’s what makes us stand out. We all take pride in a job well done and share the belief that an inclusive culture is key to our success and vision for the future. Above all, safety is at the heart of everything we do at SSE and we live by the mantra ‘if it’s not safe, we don’t do it’.
SSE is an equal opportunity employer. We encourage diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees.
If you successfully secure a role with us, you’ll be required to complete our pre-employment screening process before joining.
Job date: Sun, 25 Jun 2023 00:59:42 GMT
Apply for the job now!