Job title: Senior Buyer
Job description: Job Overview
McDermott’s CB&I® Storage Solutions Group is the world’s leading and most experienced builder and designer of industrial storage products facilities around the world. Headquartered in the Houston, Texas, CB&I has the global expertise and strategically located operations to provide engineering, procurement and construction solutions for our customers’ most complex energy projects.
The Senior Buyer is responsible for identifying varied sources of commodities and services, evaluate bids, awards contracts and purchase orders, maintains contact with vendors, and maintains comprehensive descriptions of available products and current prices of CB&I Storage Solutions’ products and services. The role directly reports to the Sr Procurement Manager and routinely interacts with Engineering, Operations and Estimating.
Remits / Responsibilities
- Proactively embraces and promotes the company’s HSE requirements and culture
- Prepares contract documents and bidders list, proactively seeks out and qualifies new potential bidders.
- Assembles and distributes requests for quotation from vendors.
- Responsible for purchase of material and services at or below estimate using procurement processes while maintaining consistency with schedule requirements.
- Perform bid evaluations and issue purchase orders for complex type packages or commodities
- Negotiate complex or large dollar value purchase orders for regional and/or international purchases
- Assists with the evaluation, award and conforming process.
- Able to resolve large claim or dispute events with vendors.
- May be responsible for soliciting budgetary pricing for equipment, material, or labor to support estimating/proposal efforts for a non-major project or projects.
- Represents the department in meetings with other functions/management.
- Provides leadership training and guidance for junior staff.
- May function as lead buyer for a project.
- Proactively recommends, supports, and implements improvements to tools, systems and software to improve efficiency and maximize autonomy.
- Effectively exemplify the company’s Leadership Competencies
- Actively seeks and utilizes an effective mentoring relationship(s)
- Establishes medium and long term career and personal development goals
- Enthusiastically seeks and accepts tasks and projects in rotations that allow for maximum experience and growth.
Skills and Behaviors
- Business presence and polish
- Knowledge of CB&I products and markets
- Proactively identifies and solves the complex problems
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
- Mentally agile and ability to multi-task and manage tight deadlines
- Proven negotiating ability with high emotional intelligence and interpersonal skills
- Demonstrated business partnering skills with the ability to influence the organization
- Adaptability and agility to learn and contribute in varying and complex environments
- A mature business and technical acumen coupled with a drive to achieve results
- Exceptional communication and presentation skill, both written and verbal
- Ability to work and build credibility across the business, up to and including senior management level
- Proactively embraces and promotes the company’s values and culture, including diversity & inclusion and a healthy and safe work environment.
Experience and Qualifications
- Typically 5-10 Years of relevant work experience on the MR equipment packages including but not limited to BOG compressors, Process Pumps, Loading Arms, Flares, process pumps, Vaporizer, Pressure Vessels Instrumentation ( ICSS, Control Valves, on/off valves, flow elements, analyzers, bulks, process relief valves, , Electrical (Switch gears, Transformers, JB’s, UPS ,Cable Trays, Cables ) etc.
- EPC Industry experience is preferred.
- BA or BS degree in Supply Chain, Business, Technical / Engineering, Construction Management or related field (preferred).
Company Overview and Core Values
McDermott is a premier, fully-integrated provider of technology, engineering and construction solutions to the energy industry. For more than a century, customers have trusted McDermott to design and build end-to-end infrastructure and technology solutions—from the wellhead to the storage tank—to transport and transform oil and gas into the products the world needs today.
At McDermott, we hold all employees accountable to follow our 5 core values.
- Integrity – we maintain a firm adherence to legal and ethical conduct
- One Team – we are one company, where everyone is equally important
- Go Beyond – we seek courageous and creative solutions
- Well-Being – we promote all forms of well-being
- Commitment – we are reliable and dependable in delivering quality solutions
Job date: Sun, 30 Jul 2023 00:36:52 GMT
Apply for the job now!