Job title: Senior Engineer – Structural
Company: Mott MacDonald
Job description: Candidate Specification
- Bachelors’ Degree in Structural engineering; chartered status will have an added advantage
- Experience working in an international design consultancy
- Prior experience in engineering design in Building Structures in the Middle East and in roles of increased responsibility and project complexity
- Demonstrable record of successfully designing and delivering building structures projects
- Experienced in using analytical/design software such as Robot, Revit, Etabs, SAFE, Staad, CSC, RAM, Tedds
- Knowledge of Offsite manufacturing solutions and Rhino/Dynamo or Revit/Grasshopper software is an advantage
- Demonstrable experience of planning and monitoring project programmes, costs and resources ensuring delivery to time and budget\\
The successful candidate will have demonstrable experience of working with and guiding the project team in building structures projects, possess outstanding technical skills, and will be working on various building structures including mixed-use developments, commercial, residential, retail, etc.
You will be expected to combine managerial competencies and technical responsibilities, promote a collaborative approach and inspire the team to deliver projects to quality, budget, and timescales.
Key responsibilities and duties are listed, but not limited to, below:
- Prepare designs, calculations, structural analysis modeling, drawings, and specifications for new build schemes and risk assessments for maintenance and refurbishment; obtain statutory approvals where needed.
- Provide project management and team leadership for the preparation of concept, scheme, and detailed design calculations and drawings for structural and multi-discipline projects.
- Maintain ownership of the structural engineering analysis and design
- Be accountable for the timely production and delivery of reliable design solutions, reports, specifications, and drawings
- Ensure all design work is carried out in accordance with Company’s quality standard procedures
- Ability to inspect works carried out on site and monitor quality and compliance with design drawings.
- Provide effective task and resource management and monitor against agreed scope, programme and budget
- Provide structural technical support and manage the technical accuracy of the project delivery
- Be able to present technical aspects of a project and structural design approach to technical and non-technical team members/stakeholders
- Maintaining a comprehensive knowledge and appreciation of current technical engineering codes and practices and taking a role in technical matters both at project and divisional level
At Mott MacDonald, our purpose is to improve society by considering social outcomes in everything we do; relentlessly focusing on excellence and digital innovation, transforming our clients’ businesses, our communities and employee opportunities.
Equality, Diversity and Inclusion
Equality, diversity and inclusion (EDI) is at the heart of our organisation. We are an equal opportunity employer and do not discriminate, rather take positive steps towards creating a diverse and inclusive working environment.
At Mott MacDonald, we support our staff to create work-life balance which works for them and welcome candidates looking for career flexibility. We are open to discussing flexible working at interview stage.
We can offer:
- 90 calendar days’ paid maternity leave
- Competitive annual leave
- An annual professional institution subscription
- Annual company performance bonus scheme – Subject to company performance
Job details page image
Equality, diversity and inclusion
We put equality, diversity and inclusion at the heart of our business, seeking to promote fair employment procedures and practices to ensure equal opportunities for all. We encourage individual expression in our workplace and are committed to creating an inclusive environment where everyone feels they have the opportunity to contribute.
At Mott MacDonald, we believe it makes business sense for you and your manager to choose how you can work most effectively to meet your client, team and personal commitments. We embrace agility, flexibility and trust.
More about Mott MacDonald
We’re a global engineering, management and development consultancy.
Our purpose is to improve society by considering social outcomes in everything we do, relentlessly focusing on excellence and digital innovation, transforming our clients’ businesses, our communities and employee opportunities.
A fundamental part of this is respecting each person’s differences and striving to meet their needs.
Our values: progress, respect, integrity, drive, excellence
Job date: Sat, 29 Jul 2023 03:09:41 GMT
Apply for the job now!