Job title: Senior Planning Engineer
Company: Al Rostamani Group
Job description: Every employee at Al Rostamani Group plays a role in making a real difference to the business and our customers. We care for our employees by offering them meaningful and purposeful work and an opportunity to grow, learn, contribute and succeed. Today, the Al Rostamani Group has come a long way since its birth in 1957. Our group has grown steadfastly with the guiding principles of Commitment, Care & Vision, alongside a strong sense of active involvement in the community. We are a well-diversified group, with a key presence in industries such as General Trading, Automobiles and Heavy Equipment, Travel, Foreign Exchange, Financial Services, Property Management, Construction, Infrastructure Development and Information Technology Services. Our Group employs approximately 2000 people from 41 different nationalities, which contributes to our multicultural and multi-national environment.
Al Rostamani Pegel is a main contractor in the UAE Construction Industry and has to its credit, timely and successful construction of several multipurpose projects including high rise buildings, villas, hotels, hospitals and industrial facilities.
Develop the most appropriate method and sequence of construction activities, in conjunction with the Project Manager, in order to ensure the project is completed within the required specifications, budget, timeline and quality. Develops activity plans for projects or operations and monitors plans on an on-going basis to ensure activity schedules/project plans are being adhered to Time Schedule Management & Control of Job Sites.
- Contractual Compliance with respect to project planning, scheduling, monitoring and schedule performance reporting
- Preparation, submission and updating the Contractor’s Construction Schedules (Clause 8 / Clause14)
- Preparation, submission, follow-up and updating of:
- Project Construction Schedule
- Project material procurement schedule
- Project shop drawings schedule
- Project cost schedule
- Project labour histograms
- Project short term programs (weekly, monthly)
- Look ahead programs in coordination with construction team (weekly, monthly)
- Identification of time related risks, maintenance of delay event logs, notifying delays and corresponding potential impact to the management & client. Preparation of recovery program/ delay mitigation action plan along with Project Manager and Operation Manager.
- Preparation of Subcontractors finalization schedule (for contract department)
- Monitoring Sub Contractor schedule performance and Reporting
- Preparation of the project status report for the project manager/site team and demonstrate to them about delays and where the team has to concentrate to recover the delays
- Co-ordination with the Project Manager on current issues of concern and potential future problems resulting in reprogramming and action requirements to overcome/resolve the issues
- Preparation of Time Impact Analysis, Windows Analysis & EOT substantiation
- Critically analyse and foresee the delay trends, potential risks for management review and timely action.
- Initiation / responding to all planning / time related correspondence to Engineers / Subcontractors
- Preparation and issue of necessary reports to the Client/ Consultant in coordination with the project manager
- Attend site coordination meetings with the Engineer / Subcontractors if required by Project Manager
- Ensures that the company’s Management Systems (Quality, Health, Safety and Environmental Management Systems, etc.) are implemented, complied with and maintained in his area of responsibility.
- Any other additional responsibilities as stated in the QHSE management systems documentation
- Degree in Civil Engineering or its equivalent or related
- More than 10 years of relevant experience in a contracting company
Knowledge & Skills
- Has experience in specialized planning and scheduling software utilization (preferably Primavera)
- Good knowledge of engineering scope, job working instruction/procedures, good project control practices in planning and scheduling
At Al Rostamani Group, we seek talented people who work hard to achieve great things. We consider not only your skills and experience, but also your passion for the role, your desire to learn and how well you align with our core values of care, commitment and vision. If this position represents an opportunity you wish to pursue, we invite you to apply.
Job date: Wed, 15 Feb 2023 05:02:08 GMT
Apply for the job now!