Job title: Senior Technical Engineer
Job description: Description
Dubai, United Arab Emirates
Senior Technical Engineer – 22000170
To design & Support IT- solutions for the EK Group. Working as part of a design & Support team, the Senior Technical Engineer will design, develop, support and deliver robust and cost-effective solutions for both Business and IT led initiatives including solution development and cost estimations, Configuration and Deployment & Business Case Development & Approval.
– Provide expert technical consultancy and guidance to EFTA within the technology area and act as End-To-End technical owner/operator and supplier to the end users
– Develop Technology Solutions that meet the user’s requirements. See beyond the user’s requirements and drive to an integrated environment that achieves or contributes to advanced analytics and inter system integrity. Ensure that the design is robust, appropriate and of high quality and conforming to EFTA technical strategy.
– Ensure that the developed architecture/solution meets or exceeds the service level requirements in terms of expected availability, capacity, continuity, security, performance and reliability.
– Take on the role of the Project manager / Technology Team Manager for solution definition, technical design and development authority for all technology solutions. The ownership, costs and timescales remain the full accountability of the Technology Team along with its ongoing operations and support
– Ensure that assigned problems are defined and analysed inline with the Problem Management Process. Ensure that solutions to problems meet the architectural and security standards within the technology area and impact to the business is minimised.
– Ensure that assigned incidents are resolved within the agreed Service Levels and where applicable, workarounds are provided to minimise business impact and Own & manage changes within the Technology Area to ensure least impact on the business.
– Publish and maintain high qual ity documentation for technology area. Working within the standard templates and documentation guidelines which includes detailed design, configuration details, support procedures, operations manual s and deployment architecture.
Qualifications & Experience
Degree in a subject relevant to IT
5 years of specialised technical experience, within a business IT environment.
End to end product and solution lifecycle including support
– Networks (Active/passive/physical and wireless) Wan & LAN
– System design development testing and operation (full lifecycle)
– Remote Access Technology
– Active Directory
– IT Security
– Desktop Applications
– Cloud applications and environments
– Database applications
– Cabling Standards
– End user device and infrastructure support
– Contract/vendor management
Leadership Role : No
Safety Sensitive Role: No
Salary & Benefits
Join us in Dubai and enjoy an attractive tax-free salary and travel benefits that are exclusive to our industry, including discounts on flights and hotels stays around the world. You can find out more information about our employee benefits in the Working Here section of our website www.emirates.com/careers. Further information on what’s it like to live and work in our cosmopolitan home city, can be found in the Dubai Lifestyle section.
Job date: Wed, 25 Jan 2023 06:26:44 GMT
Apply for the job now!