Full Job Description
Assessing children’s skills and learning requirements
Designing Individualized Educational Plans (IEPs) for each student
Collaborating with parents and therapists to track students’ progress
Responsible for teaching groups of students with mild or moderate disabilities.
Modify existing curriculum on basic subjects (e.g. math, writing) to meet each student’s learning requirements and build individual lesson plans tailored to their specific needs.
Discuss essential matters that might impede students’ progress with parents and support staff.
Help and inspire children to achieve important learning milestones.
Adapt learning materials to students’ needs
Keep track of and reflect on students’ progress
Monitor children’s behavioural patterns and arrange appropriate interventions if needed
Find engaging activities to teach skills (e.g. drawing and crafts)
Manage classroom crises and resolve conflict
Prepare students for the transition to the next level
Inform parents about their children’s progress and potential problems
Coach/mentor other professionals who work with children with disabilities
- Applicants must have Certificate of Equivalency ( equalization of bachelor or master at MOE UAE)
- Minimum 3 years of experience as a Special Education Teacher
- Good knowledge of current special education topics and methodologies
- Experience working with children with a wide range of disabilities
- Ability to create IEPs and progress reports
- A patient, resourceful, and resilient personality
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
- Western Education in Bachelor of Special Education, Early Childhood Education or related field; MSc is a plus
Job Type: Full-time
Ability to commute/relocate:
- Abu Dhabi: Reliably commute or planning to relocate before starting work (Required)