Job title: Technical Engineer- Commercial & Consumer- CIS
Job description: Our Company:
Tokyo-based Bridgestone Corporation is the world’s largest manufacturer of tires and other rubber products. We employ over 140,000 people around the world, operate 3 technical centers and 178 manufacturing plants and sell products in more than 150 countries. “Serving Society with Superior Quality” has been our mission since Shojiro Ishibashi founded Bridgestone in 1931 and we look for individuals who share our passion to fulfill this mission.
Bridgestone Middle East & Africa (BSMEA) operates from locations in the UAE, Saudi Arabia, Jordan, Egypt, Morocco and Ivory Coast. From these locations BSMEA covers 68 markets through 80 partners.
The Technical Engineer role for Commercial and consumer for CIS countries will be responsible for coordinating with Dubai HQ and local sales teams in branches, to provide technical knowledge and expertise on Bridgestone products. Working closely with sales teams and support functions as required to improve knowledge and understanding of products. Communicating jointly with our customers and partners. The role will be based in Dubai , UAE and will report directly to the Branch Manager- CIS with a dotted line to the Head of Technical- MEA
Product planning survey (Commercial & Consumer) RACI
- Test tire follow up for products / prototypes before sales start
- Competitor tire information
- Product power index (Commercial)
- After Sales Monitoring support (Commercial)
Undertaking market survey (Commercial & Consumer)
- Operating condition survey
- Scrap tire survey, OOSTA survey
- MSI survey (Consumer)
- VOC survey
- Count Survey
Sales support (Commercial & Consumer)
- Providing product and claim handling training to local branch teams, distributor partners and fleet team
- Daily support to sales team
Area quality management (Commercial & Consumer)
- Local claim handling
- Claim data analysis
- Quality Concern Information and PL report
- Spec suitability judgment
OE distributor approach (Consumer)
- Local OEM distributor approach
Standard & Regulation activities
- Local regulation monitor and negotiation with authority
- Local tire certification arrangement
Countries responsible for :
Armenia / Azerbaijan / Belarus / Kazakhstan / Kyrgyzstan / Georgia / Moldova / Tajikistan / Turkmenistan / Uzbekistan
- Collaborative and supportive mindset
- Ability to prioritize, good planning and organization
- Ability to work autonomously while keeping strong communication with colleagues and key stakeholders
- Able to learn & use new software quickly
- Excellent Analytical Skill
- Eager to travel and work in the field directly with customers
- Thinks benefits rather than features
- Coordination and Teamwork
- Proven ability to train and coach
- Strong communicator both verbal and written in Russian and English
- Minimum of 3 years of experience in tire industry within technical segment
- Proficient in MS Office (Excel/PowerPoint/Word/Power BI)
- Experience of account management and technical sales
- Engineering University Degree holder
Qualified candidates need to demonstrate the following behaviors:
- Agility – to work in a matrix, complex and fast paced environment.
- Courage – to share ideas, challenge the status quo.
- Ownership – to see the bigger picture and take ownership by thinking and acting beyond the role (self-starter).
Bridgestone Leadership Essence:
Qualified candidates for this important position will therefore need to demonstrate the following:
- Establishes strategic direction and effectively communicates the vision: Communicates a clear and inspiring vision for the business; drives competitive and innovative strategies and is able to generate alignment against the strategic direction
- Demonstrates business acumen to achieve results through others: Understands, educates and applies the fundamental business concepts by which a company operates in order to deliver results and create a climate that fosters personal commitment to excellence
- Promotes and enhances company culture: Champions the organization’s shared values and beliefs
- Effectively manages across cultures: Achieves effective collaboration, alignment, and communication across multiple dimensions of cultural diversity
- BOSS focused – serves the customers having the end users in mind: Makes BOSS (end users) and their needs a primary focus of one’s actions; develops and sustains productive relationships with BOSS; leverages BOSS intimacy in the development of new products, services and competitive advantage
- Demonstrates self-awareness and emotional intelligence: Recognizes one’s personal strengths, weaknesses, opportunities, and limits. Understands emotions and their effects
- Intellectually curious in support of learning agility: Actively identifies new areas for learning; regularly creates and takes advantage of learning opportunities; uses newly gained knowledge and skill on the job and learns through their application
- Embraces and leads change and innovation: Encourages different and innovative approaches to address problems and opportunities; facilitates the implementation and acceptance of change within the organization
- Identifies and develops organizational talent: Attracts high calibre diverse talent , leads and guides others to accomplish organizational goals and objectives through on-going development and collaboration
Diversity and inclusion are a central part of Bridgestone EMEA’s values at the highest level. This is key for our people to show a passion for excellence for improving society connected to the world in which we live. Our commitment to diversity, is linked to our founders mission of ‘Serving Society with Superior Quality’, which is essential in shaping and creating the organisation, serving all people, respectfully, connected to our business. We recognise that everyone is different and that attracting, developing and retaining our employees will create a sustainable working environment which is essential to our success.
If you can demonstrate the skills we are looking for and would like to make a difference in a Pioneering company dedicated to shaping a sustainable future of real-world mobility solutions, just click on the Apply Now button and add your CV!
All applications will be reviewed. Our Recruitment team will contact the suitable applicants for the next step of the recruitment process.
We are looking forward to hearing from you!
Diversity and inclusion are a central part of Bridgestone EMIA’s values at the highest level. This is key for our people to show a passion for excellence for improving society connected to the world in which we live. Our commitment to diversity, is linked to our founders mission of ‘Serving Society with Superior Quality’, which is essential in shaping and creating the organization, serving all people, respectfully, connected to our business. We recognize that everyone is different and that attracting, developing and retaining our employees will create a sustainable working environment which is essential to our success. This means that all job applicants and members of staff will receive equal treatment and that we will not discriminate in particular on grounds of gender, marital status, race, ethnic origin, color, nationality, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, religion or age.
Job date: Sat, 18 Feb 2023 00:19:33 GMT
Apply for the job now!