Job title: Interior Designer – Hospitality – Senior
Job description: At Gensler, we design for people. We leverage our global perspective and local presence to innovate at every scale. We’re not just designers. We’re tinkerers, craftspeople, visionaries, innovators and thought leaders. Fueled by passion and entrepreneurial spirit, our people bring new ideas to solve challenging problems. Whether you’re into sketching new ideas, hacking a building or growing client relationships in global markets, there’s something here for everyone.
Our depth of expertise spans disciplines—from aviation and transportation to education, hospitality, retail, technology and more. At our core we embody an entrepreneurial spirit, always looking ahead for new ways to innovate and add to our clients’ success. We share the belief that design has the power to transform organizations and change lives; whether we’re refreshing a retailer’s brand, planning a new urban district or designing a super tall building.
Our work reflects an enduring commitment to sustainability, and we believe that a diversity of voices and cultures is one of the most powerful strategic tools for securing lasting competitive advantage.
As the world’s largest design firm, Gensler has a unique obligation and opportunity to focus on sustainability in the built environment. We deepened our commitment to combat the impact on climate change in the built environment when we launched Gensler Cities Climate Challenge (GC3) in 2019. This is our pledge to meet an ambitious goal: the elimination of all greenhouse gases from our work by 2030.
As a Senior Interior Designer, you are responsible for helping to lead collaborative, creative team and providing design leadership through all phases of client projects. Use your unique design perspective to bring new approaches to design process and strategy, develop next-generation talent, and help our clients redesign what’s possible.
You are passionate about your craft and combine creativity and technical knowledge with business skills and understanding to produce functionally beautiful spaces for clients. You have exceptional conceptual design skills, a background in architecture or design, and a portfolio of innovative design concepts and built work. You are an integral member of the design team who itches to contribute a point of view and craves participation in conceptual thought process and design exploration. With you as part of our design leadership team, interiors have never been so engaging.
What You Will Do
- Lead the creative efforts on a variety of lifestyle interior projects (hospitality and retail), developing overall design concepts and design presentation strategies.
- Build and sustain client relationships, act as a key design interface with clients, team members, and a wide range of consultants and collaborators, both internal and external.
- Lead project meetings at the discretion of the Design Manager.
- Solve complex design problems through schematic design and design development.
- Oversee the preparation of graphic materials for presentation to client.
- Present design schemes and documents to the client with the Design Manager.
- Oversee the design development package for production.
- Work with technical team to ensure design intent is accurately interpreted in documents.
- With Design Manager, liaise as necessary with client on issues of design.
- Develop strategic planning, conceptual designs, design development, and production.
- Participate in selection of FF&E colour palettes & material presentations and generate specifications.
- Collaborate with practice area leaders and colleagues to enhance Gensler’s culture for design excellence, elevate the quality of design, and achieve recognition for clients and the firm.
- Mentor and develop Gensler designers; provide creative direction to design teams.
- Collaborate with team members and colleagues to promote an inter-disciplinary design approach and philosophy.
- Participate in exciting design and research projects and bring a new perspective to what we do for our clients.
- Participate in business development and marketing efforts.
- Be an advocate for Gensler sustainability commitments internally and externally.
- Make sustainability an integral part of every project.
- Define project sustainability targets in collaboration with the client and the project team at the start of each project.
- Understand clients ESG goals and work with project teams towards achieving them.
- Support and encourage team members to pursue sustainability learning.
- Contribute to office activities, initiatives, and learning programs.
- Bachelor’s or Master’s degree from an accredited school of design.
- 10+ year’s professional experience including proven track record of contributing to the design of hospitality and retail interiors projects.
- Strong planning abilities and with the ability to mentor team members, offer guidance and leadership.
- Strong skills in client relationship management and presentation.
- Experience leading design teams through all phases of the design process.
- Proficiency in the use of Revit and other 3D computer design programs.
- Proficient in Creative Adobe Suite applications specifically InDesign.
- Knowledge of furniture, finishes, materials and specifications.
- Strong graphic and visualization skills to communicate design ideas.
- Strong organizations skills and the ability to work on multiple projects at the same time.
- Knowledge in sustainable design principles required.
- LEED, WELL, Fitwel, LFA or other rating systems accreditation preferable.
- Understand key principles for leading and achieving net zero projects.
- Capacity to drive sustainability focused discussions with clients and teams.
- Demonstrated commitment to sustainability and sustainable building practices required.
- Previous experience in sustainable design projects preferred. At least one project of the candidate portfolio should showcase this focus. Especially built projects with LEED, Living Building Challenge, WELL Building Standard, Fitwel and /or Net Zero Building certification.
Your Design Technology Qualifications
- Deep understanding and expertise in Autodesk Revit for design authoring, documentation, data extracts and project delivery.
- Good knowledge and experience with real-time rendering processes, and material creation & management within the context of integrated BIM and parametric workflows.
- Good working knowledge and experience in Rhinoceros for design authoring.
- Basic understanding and familiarity with interoperability workflows between various design tools such as, AutoCad, Revit, Rhino, etc
- Good knowledge and experience in the use of VR walkthroughs and panoramas for client presentations, consultant coordination and internal design reviews.
Applications we work with
- Design Authoring – Revit, Rhino, Autocad, Navisworks
- Collaboration – BIM360
- Computational Design – Grasshopper, Dynamo
- Building Performance Simulation – Insight, Sefaira, Diva, Ladybug tools
- Visualisation – Vray, Enscape, Twinmotion, 3DSMax
- Graphics & Productivity – Adobe Creative Suite, Microsoft Office Suite
- Experiential – Unreal Engine, Unity
- Development – C#, Python
To be considered, please submit portfolio and/or work samples in PDF format.
Life at Gensler
Gensler Asia-Pacific and Middle East is committed to through our Five Strategies. In partnership with our clients, we strive to create a just and equitable future for our communities and our colleagues. We celebrate our diversity and are focused on creating an inclusive workplace environment for all.
As a people-first organization, we are as committed to enjoying life as we are to delivering best-in-class design. From internal design competitions to research grants to “Well-being Week,” our offices reflect our people’s diverse interests.
We encourage every person at Gensler to lead a healthy and balanced life. Our comprehensive benefits include medical, dental, vision, disability and wellness programs. We also offer profit sharing and twice annual bonus opportunities.
As part of the firm’s commitment to licensure and professional development, Gensler offers reimbursement for certain professional licenses and associated renewals and exam fees. In addition, we reimburse tuition for certain eligible programs or classes. We view our professional development programs as strategic investments in our future.
Job date: Sat, 18 Feb 2023 00:09:39 GMT
Apply for the job now!