Job title: Technical Manager – Cloud
Job description: Description
Dubai, United Arab Emirates
Technical Manager – Cloud – 2300009Y
Closing date: Feb 21, 2023
Description – Internal
To manage the technical lifecycle of infrastructure within the relevant technologies of the responsible Technical Manager: to define, design, plan, implement and support each technology, ensuring they meet business requirements and comply with corporate policy and standards. To provide documented operational processes and procedures for 1st and 2nd level operational support groups, as well as act as a centre of excellence and 3rd level support for the respective technologies. To ensure the respective technologies have optimum capacity and availability to meet the existing and future needs of the business. To positively manage and minimize risks within the respective technologies.
– Responsible for setting clear and consistent performance objectives, implementing performance management and development plans to ensure standards of performance and productivity are achieved and maintained enabling a high performance culture. Manage the technical expertise within the team so that resources are appropriately and effectively allocated. Assign suitably qualified resources to projects to support the ongoing IT work programme.
– To manage the total cost of ownership of products and services within the respective technologies ensuring costs are identified, defined and unitized, to enable businesses to make informed finance decisions, positively contribute to the process of cost control and provide financial transparency.
– Work closely with teams responsible for vendor management and vendor contract negotiations, to ensure SLAS are monitored and managed and contracts are seen to be value for money.
– Provide technical consultancy and guidance to the team members and technical manager of other technologies, enterprise architects, and project teams. Providing technical expertise to the enterprise architecture team for defining architecture strategy and standards and design the relevant technologies accordingly.
– Identify areas of improvement in existing infrastructure including end of life technology replacement and evaluation of new relevant technologies within the relevant environment in accordance with industry trends. Justifying investment through business cases and drive projects through assigned project managers.
– To consistently meet or exceed agreed KPIS for the respective technologies.
– Ensuring technologies comply with corporate security policies and procedures and all risks and/or exceptions are indentified and positively managed. Ensuring all security and other operating system patches are promptly identified, reviewed and assessed for their impact on the relevant environment and accordingly implemented on the relevant technologies.
– Responsible for providing 3rd level support for the relevant technology environment to the Incident Management and to the Problem Management team ensuring efficient root cause analysis is provided and avoiding reoccurrence of incidents.
– Collaborate closely with all IT teams to deliver products and services that contribute to the growth and longevity of the Emirates organization.
– Ensure all communications, reports and updates are accurate and consistently delivered in a timely manner.
Qualifications & Experience
Qualifications – Internal
Information Technology. Other : 8+ Years
Degree or Honours (12+3 or equivalent) :
– Networking technologies and architecture
– Technical Product management
– Hybrid clouds
– Cloud Computing (IaaS)
– Change Management.
– VMware / AWS
– Client-server technologies and architecture
– IT security and protection technologies and architecture
– Financial management for IT
– People Management
– ITIL Processes Framework
Salary & Benefits
Join us in a management role and enjoy an attractive tax-free salary. On top of our generous travel benefits, including discounted flights and hotel stays around the world, this managerial role also has an excellent leave and healthcare package. That’s on top of transport benefits, life insurance and more. Find out what it’s like to live and work in our fast-paced, cosmopolitan home city in the Dubai Lifestyle section of our website www.emirates.com/careers
Job date: Fri, 10 Feb 2023 23:34:55 GMT
Apply for the job now!