Description – Pearson VUE (www.pearsonvue.com) is the global leader in computer-based testing for information technology, academic, government and professional testing programs around the world.Pearson VUE provides a full suite of services from test development to data management, and delivers exams through the world’s most comprehensive and secure network of test centres in more than 180 countries, where we validate the skills and knowledge of millions of individuals every year. Pearson VUE offers a great environment to start or grow your career, we are now hiring for a Test Administrator/Invigilator to join our team based in Australia.
Summary: The Test Administrator is responsible for administrating all aspects of the testing operations in assigned test center of Pearson Professional Centers by providing high quality on-site service in accordance with strict operational policies and procedures of the examination processes. Open to work in flexible hours between Monday to Sunday (weekend working), between 7am and 11pm.
- CORE COMPETENCIES
- Detail Oriented
- Communication Skills
- Problem Solving
- Organizing Skills
- Customer Focus
- Ethics and Value
SCOPE AND IMPACT OF JOB
Working on site with other Test Administrators, the Test Administrator serves candidates directly with appropriate implementing of operational policies and examination procedures.
REQUIRED KNOWLEDGE AND EXPERIENCE
- Education and Experience:
- One year customer service experience required
- Exposure in a testing environment strongly preferred
- Experience with Microsoft Office and Windows applications required
- Skills, Knowledge and Abilities:
- Customer service skills required
Strong written and oral communication skills .
- Ability to communication both technical and functional
- Ability to work independently
- Effective time management skills
- Ability to handle a reasonable amount of stress
- Strong attention to detail
- Problem solving skills
- Alertness and courage
- Ethics and trust
- Knowledge in operating a computer, fax, and other office equipment
- Annual Pearson Professional Centers certification for Test Administrator required Must pass re-certification annually
- Operational Administration
- Assure equipment is operational and test stations are free of extraneous materials
- Review transmissions logs (uploading of current day’s test results & daily downloading of examinations and site schedule) from software that automatically connects to hub system periodically
- Communicate and work with VSS technical support to investigate and fix technical issues
Test Center cleaning if applicable
- Customer Service
- Review test roster and prepare accordingly for candidates including special accommodation preparation
- Check in candidates and verify identifications
- Explain the test process briefly
- Help candidates to place all personal belongings in a personal locker
- Escort examinee to assigned test station
- Help the examinee begin the tutorial/test
- Answer any questions before the timed portion of the test begins
- Monitor examinees
- Record and report all problems or discrepancies in a timely and efficient manner that arise in connection with an exam, a candidate or the testing center itself
- Print the test results after the candidate completes the test
- Quality Assurance and Continuous Improvement
- Ensure the adherence to the Pearson Professional Center quality and security measures
- Recognize and identify potential areas where existing policies and procedures require change or where new ones need to be developed and shared
WORK ENVIRONMENT AND CONDITIONS
- Be comfortable to work in a quiet testing environment
- Be flexible in work hours
Learning is the most powerful force for change in the world. More than 20,000 Pearson employees deliver our products and services in nearly 200 countries, all working towards a common purpose – to help everyone achieve their potential through learning. We do that by providing high quality, digital content and learning experiences, as well as assessments and qualifications that help people build their skills and grow with the world around them. We are the world’s leading learning company. Learn more at pearsonplc.com. Pearson believes that wherever learning flourishes, so do people. We are committed to being an anti-racist company in everything we do. We value the power of an inclusive culture and a strong sense of belonging. We promote a culture where differences are embraced, opportunities are accessible, consideration and respect are the norm, and all individuals are supported in reaching their full potential. Through our talent, we believe that diversity, equity, and inclusion make us a more innovative and vibrant place to work. People are at the center, and we are committed to a sustainable environment and workplace where talent can learn, grow, and thrive.
To learn more about Pearson’s commitment to a diverse and inclusive workforce, please click here: http://www.pearson.com/careers/diversity-and-inclusion.html
Pearson is an equal opportunities employer. We do not discriminate against employees or job applicants and select the best person for each job based on relevant skills and experience.
We are also committed to building an accurate picture of the make-up of the workforce and encouraging equality and diversity.
The information you provide will stay confidential, and be stored securely. It will not be seen by those involved in making decisions as part of the recruitment process.
Job: TESTING CENTER
Organization: Assessment & Qualifications
Req ID: 7974