Job title: UAE National Project Manager | Al Futtaim Automotive | Strategy & Transformation
Job description: Job Requisition ID: []
Established in the 1930s as a trading business, Al-Futtaim Group today is one of the most diversified and progressive, privately held regional businesses headquartered in Dubai, United Arab Emirates. Structured into five operating divisions; automotive, financial services, real estate, retail and healthcare; employing more than 35,000 employees across more than 20 countries in the Middle East, Asia and Africa, Al-Futtaim Group partners with over 200 of the world’s most admired and innovative brands. Al-Futtaim Group’s entrepreneurship and relentless customer focus enables the organization to continue to grow and expand; responding to the changing needs of our customers within the societies in which we operate.
By upholding our values of respect, excellence, collaboration and integrity; Al-Futtaim Group continues to enrich the lives and aspirations of our customers each and every day
Overview of the role:
Al Futtaim Automotive are at an exciting transformational journey of going from good to great. In collaboration with the core business units, centres of excellence and enabling functions, we’re supporting the organization in designing and executing its strategy.
Although our primary focus is delivering transformational projects on time, budget and quality, as the centre of excellence for Strategy & New Business, we also support the scrum masters, project managers and product owners across Automotive understand and adapt to effective ways of managing successful projects.
The successful candidate will be expected to drive projects in Waterfall, Agile and Hybrid methodologies, provide effective programme and project office services, including best practice guidance and standards, and effective assurance to project and programme delivery.
What you will do:
- Deliver projects on time, cost and to quality
- Develops new project portfolio governance models, project management methodologies, reporting and performance management frameworks and dashboards, and project management tools and templates
- Serves as primary interface for product owners, sponsors and SMEs, leading planning and executing their projects, is intimately familiar with progress of all initiatives and proactively assists the team in preventing compromises to project scope, budget & deadlines
- Promotes and measures adherence to the project management methodology and other project success factors (including stakeholder engagement), which includes training and continuous support to PMs as well as audits of PMs
- Prepares reports to all relevant stakeholders on the status and progress of the company’s portfolio of projects, insights as to key risk areas and mitigants, to ensure timely escalation and support
Required Skills to be successful:
- Experience as Project Manager in Business
- PMP & prince2 certificate
- Leadership & Communication skills
- Preferred from consultancy background
About the Team:
The role will report to Head of Strategy Execution & Delivery and you will be working in a very busy and fast pace environment.
What equips you for the role:
- Bachelor’s degree (post graduate education preferred)
- Prior experience with project management (both Agile & Waterfall) as well as development/roll out, governance adherence to frameworks
- Understanding of the automotive industry is an advantage
- Self-starter, accountable and results-oriented: takes initiative, is able to commit to and meet established deadlines and objectives, is able to work independently as well as a team player
- Fast learner, agile, keen and capable of handling new and changing assignments, strong organizational skills are a must
- Analytical and curious: Ability to understand and interpret business contexts and complex/new scenarios/topics
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills and strong interpersonal skills: able to present to and interact with management level and larger audiences, resolve/anticipate conflict, train and coach people
- Commitment to excellence and attention to detail
- Must be proficient in Microsoft Office Suite (Word, Excel, Outlook, PowerPoint, Project and Visio)
About Al-Futtaim Automotive
A major division of the UAE-based Al-Futtaim Group of companies, Al-Futtaim Automotive is an industry leader with presence in 10 countries across the Middle East, Asia and Africa.
Our core business activities at Al-Futtaim Automotive include distribution, manufacturing, leasing and aftersales, and we are firmly established as the regional representative of some of the world’s most iconic automotive brands: Toyota, Lexus, Honda, Jeep, Chrysler, Dodge, Volvo and RAM.
We are driven by a customer-centric approach, constantly pushing the boundaries on innovation, quality standards, and value-added service across our vast universe of customers – right from motoring enthusiasts to fleet operators to contractors. Our mission is to become the leader in custom-made mobility solutions by delivering nothing less than world-class omni-channel experiences.
We channel our local expertise and global trust to deliver one of the most comprehensive portfolios of mobility products and solutions, from passenger cars to SUVs, electric vehicles to high-performance motorbikes, commercial vehicles to industrial & construction equipment.
What keeps the company moving forward is a 9000-member strong team, with inspiring possibilities for growth, throughout the career path. This is Al-Futtaim Automotive and we empower talent to move forward.
Job date: Sat, 08 Apr 2023 05:38:14 GMT
Apply for the job now!