Job title: Business Development Account Manager, Academics
Job description: Euromonitor International is the leading independent market research company providing strategic intelligence on industries, companies, economies and consumers around the world. If you are looking for a role with LONGEVITY / STABILTY and CAREER GROWTH (and beyond that an unmatched culture that we work hard to uphold for our employees work / life balance) we may be what you have been searching for….
What we can offer you;
- Work for a global company, build relationships internationally, have access to ongoing training and career growth opportunities.
- Offices in central London and TRUE flexible working hours, including flexi Fridays all year round.
- Opportunity to further a career in a commercial, sales-driven role.
We are currently hiring for a Business Development Account Manager to join our Academic Sales team in London.
With over 1000 academic institutions currently subscribing to Passport globally, the Business Development Account Manager plays a critical role ensuring timely renewals across their territory and identifying additional revenue streams from an existing account base and prospective clients. The Business Development Account Manager is given the freedom to manage their own territory and is responsible for the complete sales cycle from initial contact, product demonstration, negotiation, to closing deals and onboarding and supporting each client.
The key to this role is to be a brand ambassador for the region by proactively reaching out and engaging a wide array of individuals such as librarians, professors, students and researchers across public libraries, universities as well as independently funded research groups to ensure that Passport is a ‘must have’ resource for existing and potential subscribers.
We pride ourselves on being proactive and willing to engage with our customers on the phone, via video call and hopefully soon in person again. There are a variety of different projects, courses, and assignments where Euromonitor’s information gets used for, so no two days are the same in this role.
The post holder will:
- Develop strong client relationships
- Provide research support to clients as required
- Be responsible for the complete sales cycle
- Collaborate and share knowledge with colleagues around the world
- Evaluate and promote Passport usage within each institution
- Train users face-to-face or via online demos to assist with lecturing and course teaching
- Manage contract renewal and upsell negotiations
- Identify new revenue opportunities through growing the client base and by better understanding existing clients’ organization, strategy, and priorities
- Achieve individual renewal and upsell targets
- You will be a highly self-motivated professional with a proven track record managing client relationships and delivering incremental revenue
- Experience selling into or working within the public sector is desirable, with academia sales a real plus
- Networking and communication skills to uncover new opportunities and deepen client relationships
- Tenacity, drive, commercial awareness, and persuasiveness to close deals
- Target oriented – ability to meet monthly and annual sales targets
- Ability to manage workload across all clients, balancing proactive commercial activities with reactive client support (keeping the latter to a minimum by leveraging technical support and industry teams)
- Excellent communication and presentation skills
- An additional European language is beneficial – ideally Italian
Why work for us
- We act with integrity
- We are curious about the world
- We are stronger together
- We seek to empower
- We find strength in diversity
International: not only do we have a very multinational workforce in each office but we are all dealing with our 16 offices worldwide on a daily basis. With 15 offices globally there are regular opportunities for international transfer.
Hardworking but sociable: our staff know how to work hard but also how to enjoy themselves! We pride ourselves on creating an appropriate work-life balance, with flexible hours and regular socialising including frequent after work meet ups, summer and Christmas parties and a whole range of sports and other groups to be involved with.
Committed to making a difference: We think that people are looking for something worthwhile in a company beyond the workplace. Our extensive Corporate Social Responsibility Programme gives each member of staff two volunteering days a year in addition to holidays. It sees us reaching out into the local community with our mentoring, group volunteering, and fundraising initiatives as well as supporting international charities through our website sales, matching staff sponsorship fundraising, and carbon offsetting all our flights, amongst many other activities.
Opportunities to grow: we offer extensive training and development opportunities at all levels. The vast majority of our managers and directors have been promoted from within and many have moved across departments as well as upwards. We pride ourselves on identifying and rewarding talent.
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement: Euromonitor International does not discriminate in employment on the basis of race, colour, religion, sex, national origin, political affiliation, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, disability and genetic information, age, membership in an employee organization, or other non-merit factor.
Job date: Thu, 25 May 2023 22:30:36 GMT
Apply for the job now!