Job title: Business Development Manager (Bridges)
Company: British Engineering Services
Job description: Strainstall UK is now trading as BES Group Asset Reliability. In our new home as part of BES Group ( ), we remain a leading provider of specialist testing services and structural monitoring to the construction, rail, energy, marine, highways and maintenance sectors.
We are looking to recruit a Business Development Manager for our Bridges and Structures sector to join our growing team of industry leading technical authorities, chartered engineers, experienced project managers and technicians.
We combine expert engineering with strong customer service, contract management and operational planning capabilities. Our expertise and understanding of monitoring instrumentation and data acquisition systems enables us to provide a range of integrated testing and monitoring solutions that meet the highly challenging and technically demanding needs of our customers. Our aim is to enable asset owners/managers and construction companies to make timely decisions that reduce the risk of a project throughout the asset lifecycle.
This is an exciting opportunity to join a fast-moving business which has benefitted from recent investment and has strong growth plans. We are currently recruiting like-minded ambitious individuals to join our organisation and play a key role in helping us achieve our goal. In return, you’ll receive a competitive salary, outstanding career development opportunities and the chance to work in a fast-paced stimulating environment.
The ideal candidate for this role could be based within travelling distance to our Bristol office, with the option of hybrid working after the training period.
What will I be doing?
Who we work with is everything to us, our relationships with customers really matters. As our Business Development Manager, you will be involved in winning the profitable schemes in the UK Bridges sector (Aged and New Civil Infrastructure).
You will identify and deliver long-term strategic client relationships for the UK Bridges sector. Undertaking strategic customer visits to bring on new customers as well as developing existing customer accounts, whilst developing and managing the agent network and proactively identifying opportunities by following projects.
You will take responsibility for the Business Development team’s technical proposals and bids and take them through the stages of the commercial sales process, ensuring we deliver the best-in-class technical bids and quote at profitable levels. You will work closely with our Delivery team to ensure smooth handover and ensure we have learnt any lessons from historical schemes.
You will manage a pipeline of inbound opportunities generated from existing clients and schemes and work closely with the Business Development and Delivery teams to ensure we identify and follow up on contract renewal and variation opportunities.
- Work with internal teams such as Business Development, Operations, Product Development and Software to estimate costs of potential schemes
- Prepare customer technical / commercial proposals, including obtaining quotes from core supplier networks as necessary
- Peer review proposals prepared by others
- Ensure technical sign-off for proposals and reports is delivered as required
- Keep the database updated with progress on all relevant opportunities
- Prioritise opportunities in a way that is aligned with company strategy in consultation with the Business Development and Commercial leadership
- Proactively seek out and report back market intelligence in relation to competitors, changes in the market, technical standards etc
What makes the BES Group a great place to work?
We are independent for a reason; we do what we do better than anyone else and we do it our own way. Take our drive and ambition along with years of REAL industry experience and we have honed and perfected the well-oiled machine that is BES Group.
If you work for us, you will get the below and, so much more:
- A competitive salary starting from £50k depending on experience
- 23 days holiday per year + statutory UK holidays
- Company laptop and mobile
- Hybrid working opportunity
- Company pension scheme (opt in or out)
- A comprehensive training programme
- Access to Employee Assistance Programme (EAP)
Key Behaviours –
We are seeking a highly motivated individual to join our team. You will be a dynamic salesperson who thrives in a target driven environment, with a strong drive to succeed.
- Actively participate in BES Group’s commitment to working in a safe and sustainable environment
- Have the right attitude, aptitude and appetite for what we do
- Respond innovatively to our customers’ current and future needs
- Be entrepreneurial and think creatively to solve difficult problems
- Challenge conventional thinking
- Strive to do the right thing
- Treat everyone as you would like to be treated, creating relationships based on trust and fairness
- Collaborate by listening respectfully and speaking honestly
- Go above and beyond, delivering exceptional results to all stakeholders
- Take pride in making a positive impact and making the right decisions quickly
- Be accountable and courageous and face up to difficult situations
- Be tenacious in the pursuit of the companies’ purpose
- Take feedback constructively to learn and develop
- Have excellent customer service and sales skills
- Ability to work under pressure
- Excellent communication skills at all levels
- Have the ability to work on your own initiative and overcome obstacles
- Willingness to work out of hours as necessary in order to support customers working in global time zones
What experience do I need?
Our team consists of the best people, we should know, we trained them. We want our new recruits to have the same attitude, aptitude and appetite for what we do.
- Hold an engineering degree or equivalent, preferably working with or towards a Chartered or Incorporated qualification
- Experience of structural monitoring, technical and/or commercial (desirable)
- Experience linked to the UK rail or bridge community (desirable)
- Must be a team player
- Previous IT experience (Word, Powerpoint, Excel, ability/attitude to learn new apps etc)
- This is an office-based role (preferably based in our Bristol office but Warrington also considered), with the occasional visit to other company and client offices
- Hold a full UK Driving license
To apply for this role, simply click “Apply”. We ask for some basic contact information and a CV or your LinkedIn profile, it’s that easy! Please keep in mind, successful candidates will be required to complete the relevant background checks as part of the recruitment process.
We want to inspire everyone to see how important safety is and we expect the same from our people. And if you’re on the same page as us about that and you’ve got the right skills, experience and attitude, you’ll fit right in. Simple. We’re all about diversity and inclusion and that means we want our people to be themselves. We’re delighted to be an equal opportunities employer and that will never change!
Strainstall UK joined BES Group in December 2022 and rebranded to BES Group Asset Reliability in March this year. For further information, please click here.
BES Group, Your Trusted Advisor.
Sales & Account Management
Salary from £50K, competitive package and much more!
Number of Positions:
Expected salary: £50000 per year
Location: Bristol Area
Job date: Fri, 23 Jun 2023 02:51:58 GMT
Apply for the job now!