Job title: Customs Brokerage Business Development Manager
Company: White Recruitment
Job description: Location: National Role, Flexible
Job Title: Business Development Manager – Customs Bureau
Salary £55,000 + commission/bonus
Our client is one of the fastest-growing UK freight forwarders, achieving a 2021 group turnover of £460m. Providing a variety of logistics services that include Ocean freight, Air and Road as well as 3PL, E-commerce fulfilment and Customs brokerage service to thousands of clients with global supply chains.
We are actively seeking an experienced Customs Manager to act as a Customs Broker/ Business Development Manager. The role will involve selling our customs brokerage services by generating new business leads via networking, cold calling, advertising or other means of generating interest from potential clients. You must be able to develop a rapport with new clients and set targets for sales and provide the support that will continually improve the relationship. This position will require the Business Development Manager to work with mid and senior-level management. Strategic planning is a key part of this job description since it is the manager’s responsibility to develop a pipeline of new business coming into the company. This position requires a thorough knowledge of the freight forwarding and Customs market, the solutions and services of the company and its competitors.
- Utilise our existing database to source opportunities to develop EU and UK Customs clearance and bureau prospects.
- Achieve profit growth through effective commercial management of new and existing accounts.
- Demonstrate growth on a monthly basis and achieve the targets set out in the Bureau scheme.
- Maximise all revenue opportunities from existing accounts by proactively pursuing underdeveloped areas.
- Generate new prospect leads and meet customers face to face, via Teams/zoom and via the telephone.
- Follow the company sales policies and procedures.
- Implement and onboard new accounts.
- Update the CRM with records of all sales telephone calls, visits & Opportunities.
- Prepare and submit monthly reports in a timely fashion.
- Assist in the development and implementation of new services.
- Both provide and record timely, accurate, competitive pricing while striving to maintain maximum profit margin.
- Maintain contact with all clients to ensure high levels of client satisfaction.
- Conduct company presentations.
Skills and Experience
- Good working knowledge of current and past customs rules and regulations
- Experience developing new business in the customs sector.
- Ability to attract and secure new clients.
- Ability to drive and embrace all IT solutions.
- Strong organisational skills
- Company share scheme
- Competitive salary and Bonus Scheme
- 25 days annual leave per annum with an additional purchase scheme
- Contributory pension scheme
- Annual bonus
- Flexible working arrangement with autonomy of diary.
- Annual birthday leave
- Enhanced maternity and paternity leave
- Day off for child’s first day at school
- Cycle to work scheme
WR Transport & Logistics are the #1 recruitment partner for transport jobs and logistics jobs. We recruit UK wide for permanent and contract jobs.
WR is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.
Location East Midlands
Job titleCustoms Brokerage Business Development Manager
Salary £50000 – £55500
Consultant Matt Marsh
Consultant Phone 02393874482
Consultant Email firstname.lastname@example.org
Expected salary: £50000 – 55500 per year
Location: East Midlands
Job date: Fri, 23 Jun 2023 02:52:03 GMT
Apply for the job now!