Job title: Business Development Manager, EIU Consulting, Consumer Practice
Company: The Economist Group
Job description: Introduction
As the research and analysis division of the Economist Group, The Economist Intelligence Unit (EIU) helps leaders prepare for opportunity, empowering them to act with confidence when making strategic decisions. The EIU is the global standard in providing quality, actionable intelligence to the public and private sector, assessing issues that impact the marketplace for over two hundred countries.
EIU Consulting is the strategic advisory unit of the EIU, providing tailored engagements to meet the needs of clients across the corporate, government and institutional/non-profit sectors.
The Consumer Practice provides data-driven solutions for consumer-facing industries, helping them to enter new markets and be more successful in current markets. Our Consumer Practice is led by EIU Canback, a leading management consulting firm leveraging predictive analytics.
We are recruiting a Business Development Manager to join our growing Europe team managing our business development efforts in Europe (including the UK). The candidate will join an existing business development team and will be responsible for a part of the Europe territory.
The candidate will be expected to work closely with other members of the global Consumer Practice team and to have experience in selling complex consulting and research solutions to a senior audience. The key performance metric for this position is the number and value of new consulting, advisory or analysis engagements brought in.
The ideal candidate will have experience in direct business development and ongoing client relationship management. The role will not have responsibilities for project management or execution. This person will have demonstrated success in identifying, initiating and nurturing new and ongoing business opportunities.
You will be expected to exceed personal revenue targets while helping the team achieve overall goals. The role will be reporting to the Global Commercial Director based in London.
In the role you would be expected to:
- Work with the Global Commercial Director and other stakeholders to develop and implement a sales plan for the region
- Manage client relationships to develop integrated/on-going advisory engagements and increase the likelihood of repeat business
- Work closely with colleagues to develop new methodologies and initiatives, and create impactful collateral that presents the value proposition effectively
- Conduct business development activities, including identifying and presenting to potential new clients, scoping client requirements accurately, and developing high-impact proposals and pitches with the support of the consulting team
- Develop opportunities by interpreting client needs into potential strategic advisory projects, and transforming cold leads into sustained client relationships
- Leverage reporting tools in Salesforce, providing accurate perspective of current pipeline and overall activity.
Experience, skills and professional attributes
To succeed in the role you must have:
- Sustained experience of developing, selling and delivering strategic advisory/consulting projects/customised research to senior executives within corporations.
- Proven business development and revenue generation success and sector specialisation in consumer-facing industries preferred. Experience with cold/greenfield client cultivation strongly preferred
- Language skills – French and/or German strongly preferred
To succeed in this role you will be able to demonstrate:
- An ability and desire to be a strategic thinker and operate comfortably in a complex business environment
- A strongly developed analytical mind-set
- An ability to sell complex research solutions to a wide range of organisations
- Polished communication and presentation skills, and relish building client relationships
- An interest in, and knowledge of, business issues, global affairs, economics and public policy issues
- An ability to conduct consultative discussions at a senior level
- An ability to articulate complex research solutions
Job date: Fri, 23 Jun 2023 22:09:35 GMT
Apply for the job now!