Job title: Business Development Manager (Chemical and Pharmaceutical)
Company: Pontem Recruitment
Job description: https://www.pontemrecruitment.co.uk/job-search/920-business-development-manager-chemical-and-pharmaceutical/petrochemical-oil-gas/telford/job2023-04-14 12:27:512024-04-14Pontem Recruitment Job Ref 23-00129_1681471673
Job Views 8
A Leading global Automation supplier business based in Telford who specialise in cutting edge Automation projects, working closely with some of the world’s leading businesses providing industrial and mechatronic solutions across a wide range of sectors. After securing a number of long-term contracts with key customers, the company are looking for a Business Development Manager to join the business to work within one of their key specialist divisions, supplying specialised ancillary equipment into manufacturing companies, covering all UK and Ireland markets.
Reporting to the Regional Director, A Business Development Manager is now required to take accountability of the sales and growth of the Chemical, Pharmaceutical, Good and Oil and Gas markets, thus being responsible for international liaisons with the relevant Business Head.
You will take responsibility for:
- Enabling successful market development and maintaining communications with relevant Divisional Business Head through the analysis of markets, customer needs, competitors and product extensions
- Developing and strategizing growth within the Chemical and Pharmaceutical business including ‘preferred supplier’ status and managing key customer accounts within the allocated business vertical whilst upholding and developing customer relationships
- Driving specific marketing, communications activities and attending networking events to promote the business
- Leading technical and development expertise to the sales team for non-key account opportunities and providing internal and external product support and training across the business
- Utilising our extensive portfolio to develop customer specific concepts
- Supporting production teams throughout project life cycle whilst giving customer regular progress updates
What you need
It is ESSENTIAL for the successful candidate to have the following:
- To hold a minimum HNC qualification in an engineering discipline or relevant subject area
- Previous experience working in external sales and previous experience selling directly into an engineering/manufacturing environment.
- Previous experience of professional sales/business development in the chemical and pharmaceutical industry
- Well versed selling to end users and OEM sectors, taking a consultative approach with the ability to offer “off the shelf”, as well as customised offerings that are bespoke to the clients’ requirements. Someone who understands “value-added” sales would be especially useful in this role.
- Must be a skilled verbal and written communicator who is confident communicating at all levels with the ability to develop existing and new client relationships and a proven track record in account management
- Excellent working knowledge of CRM systems and MS office
Other DESIRABLE skills include:
- Previous experience of working within the aerospace, automotive, Automation, Robotics, chemical, Injection Moulding and/or pharmaceutical industries would be highly advantageous
- Knowledge & experience of selling critical parts associated with the Pharma/Chemical industry
What is on offer
On offer is the chance to join a Global Mechatronics solution provider, who offer a stable position with genuine progression opportunities due to their extensive list of customers such as tier 1 Automotive suppliers. Comprehensive benefits package such as a competitive salary of £52,000 – £57,000 (OTE £77,000) and a flexible working week – Mon-Thurs (8:15-17:00) Fri (8-12:30). Also includes a company hybrid car with fuel card, life insurance including Health cover and a lucrative pension scheme.
How to apply?
For more information on this role please contact us at our Birmingham office on 0121 820 7020 or email me at .
Alternatively, please use the link in this ad to apply now.
We will aim to respond back to all successful applications within 5 days. If you do not hear back from us within 5 days, your application has been unsuccessful, however we will keep your CV and details on file to consider you for more relevant opportunities in the future.
Pontem Recruitment is a leading specialist recruitment agency who aim to bridge the skills gap between candidates and employers within the Engineering, Manufacturing & Logistics sectors.
Pontem Recruitment is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.
Expected salary: £52000 – 57000 per year
Job date: Sun, 16 Apr 2023 03:33:45 GMT
Apply for the job now!