Job title: Business Development Manager – Liverpool/Cheshire
Job description: Role Profile (The purpose of the role)
Our Business Development Managers are the cornerstone of our Sales team, generating new revenue, helping us to grow and building brand awareness across a variety of industries and locations.
Reports to: Regional Sales Manager
Responsibilities of the role (What we want you to do) * Generate a predetermined number of appointments on a daily/weekly basis from cold calling and attend pre-booked meetings from the call center on a daily/ weekly basis.
- Complete and maintain accurate records and report status of each appointment, pipeline, and daily activity
- Using 360 sales process from appointment/cold call to terminal installation and customer satisfaction review completing accurate and complete application information.
- Travelling to local businesses, building knowledge about your region, nurturing and developing relationships with key clients
- Attend quarterly training sessions and any other regional meetings as required
- Provide specialist knowledge and advice on the products you are selling, ensuring you are up to date on any advances or changes
- Develop opportunities, with marketing support, in target markets
Success Measures (What success in the role looks like) * Long term relationships forged, ensuring that whilst some customers are interested in our offering now, relationships are built with those who may find it useful in the future
- Each business has an ideal customer or client and, in most cases,, you will be working with them. You will utilise current client demographic information to build the right market for you and your region
Experience (What you need to have already done to be right for this role) * A proven track record of working in B2B sales/ a field sales specialist role with demonstrable experience of B2B sales processes and best practices, including dialler, lead management and CRM system usage
- Relatable and positive experience of working in a fast-paced transforming organisation, where everything isn’t perfect, but we’re working hard to get there.
Skills (The personal capabilities needed to excel in this role) * An excellent communicator, able to adapt your approach for different people and have a chat with anyone & remain calm under pressure.
- Because you care about customers, you’ll pay attention to the details and take real pride in doing a great job.
- Great at organising and managing your time and keeping all your admin and paperwork up to date.
- Driven and motivated and, even if you fail, you pick yourself up, learn from it and turn it into a success next time.
- This is a tough and competitive market, so you’ll need resilience and that ‘added extra’ to secure those deals
- Strong negotiations skills, with the ability to influence confidently across all levels
- Continuous learning mindset. Looking to learn everything you can to keep building your sales career, you’ll always be looking for opportunities to increase your knowledge and try something new.
- Love working with people, whether it’s building great relationships with teammates or providing an amazing service for customers.
- A vibrant personality and confident ‘can do’ attitude will push you and your colleagues to deliver the best.
Qualifications and other requirements * Industry Experience: Information Technology, Utilities, Payments and/or Service provision preferred, but not essential
- Location: Within commuting distance of office location, essential
- I.T. literate, knowledge of the effective use of Microsoft (Word, Excel PowerPoint), essential.
At Verastar our values are important to us and some of the ways they transform into our best practice sales behaviours can be seen below.
Innovative: We find a better way
- We actively seek feedback from our colleagues and customers to understand how and where we can improve both our sales processes and performance
- We aspire to best practice, leveraging our internal and external networks to inform our thoughts, decisions and actions
- We are inquisitive about our customers’ real needs, enabling us to provide the best solutions for them, whilst negotiating win/win outcomes for both of us.
Passionate: We go the extra mile
- We are proud to be part of the Verastar sales team and we take our contribution seriously
- We make every effort to ensure that both our customers’ and colleagues’ needs and expectations are being met to the best of our ability at all times
- We hold ourselves personally accountable for the achievement of our sales targets and objectives.
United: We are one team
- We focus on our collective achievement and success; over and above who takes credit for it
- We ask the best of each other, understanding our scale and diversity makes us a stronger team
- Our personal ambition is to attain the status of trusted advisor, both in the eyes of our customers and our colleagues.
Straightforward: We keep things simple
- We do the right thing, placing our customers at the centre of everything we do
- We communicate clearly and honestly in all our customer and colleague interactions
- We value action over words and we do what we say we will do.
Whilst we consider the sales behaviours listed above to express our values, we also see them as behaviours that will continue to evolve as we strive to improve in everything we do.
Expected salary: £30000 per year
Job date: Sat, 15 Apr 2023 04:57:25 GMT
Apply for the job now!