Job title: Business Development Manager – Construction industry
Company: Radius Payment Solutions
Job description: Location : Salford Quays, United Kingdom Role overview
Heard of us?
VUE Group is part of the Radius group of companies and is a leading provider of camera and telematics solutions to the vehicle and fleet sectors.
Hard working, fun, efficient, respectful, positive, supportive, innovative and ambitious. These are just a few words to describe the VUE work environment. From the Software Developers to the Field Engineers, the Sales Team to the Warehouse; everyone works together to collaboratively strive for improvement and progression.
As the trusted insure-tech partner of many global insurance companies and household-named fleets, VUE group are looking for individuals who take initiative and are not afraid to get involved and become part of their dynamic team!
The role of Business Development Manager is really important to us. This role focused on growing our customer base in the construction/ off-highway industry. You will be responsible for attracting and converting new customers and maintaining and cultivating the existing customer base at VUE. You will be instrumental in increasing the sales and profits. You will research industry trends and use your insight to identify business opportunities in new and existing markets. You will monitor customer feedback closely to ensure the business delivers the best products and services. You will also attend business events to learn more about their industry and network with other professionals and potential clients.
We would love to welcome you to our Salford office, working hours of 37.5 Monday to Friday.
Your responsibilities day to day will be…
- Researching businesses, individuals, and industry trends to identify potential new clients and markets and ways to serve existing clients better
- Contacting potential new clients using phone and email to gauge interest and plan meetings
- Preparing client presentations and materials, including PowerPoint and sales displays
- Meeting new and existing clients in person.
- Negotiating business terms with new and existing clients using phone, email and in-person meetings and successfully convert to meet Sales Targets.
- Working with Head of Sales, setting sales goals and ensuring these are met.
- Working with senior management team members to manage risks.
- Training and mentoring the wider sales team members.
- Preparing and delivering pitches to potential investors, customers, and procurement teams.
- Attending networking opportunities including conferences and industry events
What do we expect of you?
- Excellent customer service
- Attention to detail, especially for processing orders
- Good communication skills on the phone, in person and via e-mails
- Ability to explain complex systems in a clear and simple language
- Ability to organise and self-prioritise tasks, to follow leads through the sales process
- Ability to multi-task and cope well in a fast-paced environment
- Initiative and a positive attitude with commitment to problem solving and resolving ambiguity
- Team player and ability to build close relationships with other teams
What can you expect of us?
- A friendly culture that mirrors our proposition to our customers.
- A fast-growing organisation that defines itself as being agile and innovative
- A drive for continuous improvement, which you will be empowered to get behind from day one.
- A hard working, fun, efficient, respectful, positive, supportive, innovative, and ambitious environment
- A commitment to building an environment that welcomes individuals who embrace progressive values and a ‘One Team’ ethos.
If you think we’re a good match for each other, apply online today!
If you’re interested but not sure if you have all the criteria listed… have a chat with us. We are open to applications from varied backgrounds.
Radius is an equal opportunities employer. We are committed to welcome people regardless of age, disability, gender identity, race, faith or belief, sexual orientation or socioeconomic background
We do not accept speculative agency CVs. Any CV received by Radius will be treated as a gift and not eligible for an agency fee. PSL agencies should only send CVs if authorised to do so by our Talent Team. Hours 37.5
Department Technology & IT
Job Type Full time
Contract Type Permanent
Salary Up to £45,000 + car
Expected salary: £45000 per year
Job date: Fri, 12 May 2023 03:00:57 GMT
Apply for the job now!