Job title: Business Development Manager, Corporate Clients
Company: Fable Data
Job description: Business Development Manager, Corporate Clients
Location: London, UK (London Bridge)
Work pattern: Full-time, Permanent, PAYE, Hybrid – 2 days per week in our London Bridge offices
Salary: £55,000 – £60,000 per annum (non-commission environment), DOE, plus generous options
Reporting line: to Business Development Director, Corporate Clients
Division/Team: Corporate Clients
As a rapidly expanding Fintech, we seek a tenacious Business Development Manager (BDM) for Corporate Clients to elevate our sales initiatives, drive bookings, manage pipelines, and generate opportunities using CRM tracking.
Are you a motivated professional eager to contribute to a forward-thinking Fintech that upholds ethical values? In search of a stimulating role collaborating with global corporations, drumming up business, and leveraging our enhanced Hubspot and Salesloft tools?
The BDM’s objective is to book meetings with prospects and generate pipeline opportunities, performing 60 – 100 outbound activities daily. This determined individual will handle admin tasks, make outbound calls, and utilize video for persuasive engagement with potential clients.
We require a candidate with a minimum of two years of experience in business development, sales, or consultancy roles, possessing strong commercial acumen and exceptional stakeholder management abilities. In our fast-paced environment, you’ll learn from industry leaders in technology, commercial strategy, and the investment market.
- Work closely with the Business Development Director to deliver against the “Go to market” plan and sales targets for the corporate sales sector
- Provide all aspects of sales support including outreach, managing sales pipeline, and marketing activities
- Research target sectors and companies, with an understanding of Fable products and client needs. Present findings and recommend sales opportunities.
- Manage lead generation and grow our prospect database, through research and collaboration, including the identification of key contacts in each market
- Provide excellent relationship management, for both contracted and prospective clients, including large global brands
- Maintain CRM for corporate clients, ensuring all entries are up to date and generating reports
- Work closely with the sales and technology teams, to efficiently manage the sales pipeline and onboard clients
- Support the creation of sales and marketing collateral and presentations, using Excel, Word, PowerPoint and online tools
- Manage internal projects, and identify and implement improvements in team processes
- Join calls and meetings, and manage stakeholder diaries
- Lead on direct outreach campaigns to target sectors and clients, and helping to manage leads through the early stages of the sales funnel
- Develop and manage our ongoing prospect database and sales collateral
Essential skills and experience
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills in English
- Comfortable and confident in initiating conversations internally and externally
- Numerical, financial, research and analytical skills
- Experienced in a commercial environment with a strong commercial acumen (experience working across multiple sectors an advantage)
- Good understanding of sales and account management for large corporates, in the UK and globally. Experience in business development, or data sales would be an advantage.
- Adept at learning and being able to use information systems (HubSpot and others) effectively
- Ability to build credible relationships with colleagues and clients
- Ability to manage shifting priorities within tight timeframes
- Fluent in English. Additional European language (French or German) would be an advantage
- Educated to degree level
- Able to work discretely with confidential information and commercially sensitive projects
- Keen to work for an agile, dynamic, and entrepreneurial business
- IT skills utilising Microsoft Office Suite: Word, Excel, Outlook, PowerPoint and SalesLoft
- 30 days holidays + bank holidays (pro-rata)
- Generous Option Scheme for every employee (HMRC-approved EMI Options)
- Outstanding life/work balance
- Free subscription to Financial Times
- Flexible working
- A wonderful team and a fun place to work
- More benefits to come as we grow
Here at Fable, we are proud of our culture. Being responsible, taking ownership and aiming for excellence are the values that define us. We believe in:
- People with purpose
- Whole world thinking
- Individual value, collective strength
The Interview Process
- Pre-screening call – online (30 mins.), to assess initial interest and suitability by the Talent Acquisition Manager/People Director
- Competency-based Interview – two or more stages, online/in the office (1 hour), competency-based and behavioural questions to assess technical skills/practical knowledge and overall role fit and cultural fit
- Offer of Employment issued
- “Get to know us” meetings/calls with other members of Fable Data, for you to learn more about the role, company and future colleagues while considering the offer
About Fable Data
Data is one of the most valuable resources to modern businesses. A source of competitive advantage for many of the world’s most successful organisations. Powering innovation, enriching people’s lives, underpinning decisions around multi-billion-pound investments and helping to create completely new industries, power new technologies and advance our understanding of our world.
Our world is that data.
Fable Data is the leading source of real-time European consumer transaction data, using anonymised transaction data from European banks and credit card providers. Fable Data has pioneered this model within Europe and supplies data to some of the world’s largest hedge funds, the Financial Times, major government bodies, and Fortune 500 companies.
Our potential is huge, powered by an unrivalled amount of data with very low latency. This helps businesses make faster, better and more informed decisions, well ahead of other solutions in the market.
We are on a mission to provide better data to decision-makers in business and government – anonymised, real-time and at scale.
We are looking for the very best talent to join our world-class team on our journey to Unicorn status. We are well funded and have huge aspirations to become THE leading Global provider of transaction data across both Corporate and Investor Markets. We work in an agile, proactive way, so we move fast and stay ahead of the curve. We want people to buy into our ethos that better Data in the hands of decision-makers will lead to a better world.
Please note that all applicants must have the right to work in the UK.
Fable Data is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the grounds of a person’s gender, marital status, race, religion, colour, age, disability, or sexual orientation. All candidates will be assessed based on merit, qualifications, and their ability to perform the role requirements.
Job date: Tue, 18 Apr 2023 07:15:16 GMT
Apply for the job now!