Job title: Business Development Manager (Health), ECIT
Company: Queen’s University Belfast
Job description: Do you want to be part of the development and commercialisation of ground-breaking advancements in Health and Tech?
As part of a £58M investment, the Global Innovation Institute (GII) is offering a unique opportunity to drive ECIT’s research and innovation in Secure Connected Intelligence across various market sectors. The Faculty of Medicine, Health and Life Sciences is currently exploring advancements in Artificial Intelligence and the computational challenges associated with big data.
Are you a dynamic and innovative individual with a passion for driving research and innovation forward? Do you have a proven track record in building partnerships, securing new opportunities and funding?
This is not a ‘sales’ role. This is strategic partnership role in which you will be required to call upon your operational and commercial skillset in order to identify opportunities, build a strong, multidisciplinary team and deliver against a set of objectives.
If this is YOU, we want to hear from you today.
The successful candidate must have, and your application should clearly demonstrate you have:
- Honours degree, or equivalent qualification, in Business, Marketing, Electrical/Electronic Engineering, Computer Science, Health and Life Sciences or a related discipline.
- A minimum of 2 years’ experience working in the Health or Life Sciences sector with a proven track record of:
- Developing and managing relationships with both commercial customers and technical specialists
- Operating within international markets / commercial entities.
- Negotiating and Influencing at Senior level.
- Demonstrable experience of significant responsibilities within a bid process and contributing to multi-disciplinary teams, as well as identifying suitable opportunities for business growth.
Please note the above are not an exhaustive list.
At Queen’s our people are at the heart of everything we do. As a staff member you will become part of a vibrant organisational culture, which will provide you with the opportunity to achieve your full potential and enhance your career through a continuous focus on learning and development.
We offer an excellent employment package that includes:
- Great terms & conditions
- Pension schemes
- Flexible working by enabling you to design your working week in collaboration with your manager through a blend of remote and office working
- Family-friendly initiatives
- Career development opportunities
- Support for health & mental wellbeing
- Generous holiday entitlement of 8.4 weeks a year (made up of 23 days annual leave, 10 closure days and 9 bank holidays)
Queen’s University is committed to promoting equality of opportunity to all. We have created an inclusive culture by establishing staff networks such as iRise (Black, Asian, Minority Ethnic and International Staff Network) and PRISM (LGBTQ+) which help us progress equality.
We also subscribe to Equality Charter Marks such as the Diversity Charter Mark NI in addition to Athena Swan. For further information on our commitment to Equality, Diversity and Inclusion, please visit: ; and
For further information about the role including the essential and desirable criteria please Click Candidate Information Below.
Expected salary: £36333 – 54421 per year
Location: United Kingdom
Job date: Mon, 22 May 2023 22:40:38 GMT
Apply for the job now!