Job title: Business Development Manager, Healthcare
Company: The Economist Group
Job description: Introduction
As the research and analysis division of the Economist Group, The Economist Intelligence Unit (EIU) helps leaders prepare for opportunity, empowering them to act with confidence when making strategic decisions. The EIU provides research and analytical solutions to business, governments, international organisations and NGOs.
Currently we are seeking a Business Development Manager (BDM) who will be responsible for selling custom research and information solutions to key prospects in the government and non-profit healthcare market.
The ideal candidate will have strong consultative sales skills, but be equally comfortable prospecting and building new business leads. They will be expected to engage with senior decision makers across a range of sectors within the healthcare industry, with a particular focus on stakeholders within governments, foundations, non-profits and NGO’s.
The BDM will be expected to become an expert on the various healthcare research tools and capabilities at their disposal, and be able to present these to clients and prospects, identifying opportunities for business and working with the wider healthcare team to respond with customized proposals. The ideal candidate should have a genuine interest in the healthcare industry and eager to learn and develop their knowledge of the sector.
In the role you would be expected to:
- Work with the Director and Principal for the UK to formulate and execute the sales strategy for their territory
- Be responsible for a defined sales territory target
- Manage the entire sales process (prospect, qualify, proposal, negotiate and close) and work effectively with the editorial and analyst teams to manage key accounts
- Support the wider EIU commercial teams with healthcare specific capabilities on integrated proposals
- Focus on new business development activities (cold calls, face to face meetings)
- Engage in regular travel to see clients and prospects in allocated territory
- Manage all sales related expenses within the agreed territory and ensure spend levels do not exceed budget levels
- Work closely with the various EIU healthcare research and editorial teams to architect the best solutions for
- Prepare new client proposals, electronic contracts and to negotiate beneficial business terms
- Prepare timely sales reports and manage personal pipeline and forecasts.
- Keep current with the EIU portfolio, competitive marketplace and key developments in the Healthcare industry
Experience, skills and professional attributes
To succeed in the role you must have:
- A degree in a business related discipline
- Solid experience in a consultative sales role which must include new business development
- Experience selling research or consulting solutions
- Proven success in big ticket sales and complex projects
- Successful track record of selling to clients in the healthcare industry
- Experience of interfacing with operation research teams to develop complex customized solutions
- Experience and strong comfort level selling to senior decision makers of large multi-national companies
- Experience in managing sales relationships
- Strong working knowledge of the US healthcare system and selling to clients in that sector
- Understanding of the key relationships and strategic issues facing health systems
- Knowledge of all basic programs such as word, excel, powerpoint etc
- Knowledge of working with a sales CRM system
- Understanding of trends in data visualization and content management would be advantageous
To succeed in this role you will be able to demonstrate:
- An ability to sell consultatively, by discussing client needs and matching needs to the appropriate services with the EIU’s portfolio
- An ability to work in a fast-paced, fluid, team-oriented environment
- A willingness to succeed and develop a career in the EIU and wider Economist Group.
- A genuine interest in healthcare
Location: United Kingdom
Job date: Sat, 24 Jun 2023 00:57:53 GMT
Apply for the job now!