Job title: Business Development Manager North Scotland
Job description: Job Description:
JOB TITLE: Business Development Manager – North Scotland
LOCATION: Field Based Role (Postcodes include: AB, DD, EH, FK, IV, KY, PH. You will need to live within one of these postcodes in order to be considered for this position.)
WORKING HOURS: Monday – Friday, 8:30am – 4:30pm (Flexible Working Hours)
A brighter future awaits you
Through scientific and technological innovation, operational excellence, and an unwavering dedication to our customers, here at CooperVision we are committed to helping people all over the world see better every day. We create brighter futures for our customers and employees alike, every day striving to make a difference and go further.
As a CooperVision employee, you’ll be welcomed into a growing global business with a presence in over 130 countries. This establishes an incredible opportunity for you to get involved in cutting edge new product development and international collaborations across Europe, as well as the chance to work alongside experienced industry leaders and further your expertise as you progress your career with us.
What we stand for
We recognise that as a company we are brighter together, and in an inclusive environment where all perspectives and differences are celebrated, we can achieve amazing things. Recruiting and retaining a diverse mix of employees helps bring different perspectives, diverse conversations, and new ideas to the table, all of which are incredibly valuable and core to our success.
CooperVision is about so much more than manufacturing contact lenses – we are committed to supporting and encouraging every individual to be their full selves and we look forward to building a Brighter Future together.
What you will be doing:
By use of effective territory planning and relationship building, your aim is to achieve annual territory sales targets and personal performance objectives. You will maximise results through a combination of new business development and servicing existing customers within the designated area and in line with company objectives and policies. Other essential functions include:
- To develop and introduce new products on behalf of the Company to maximize the opportunities presented
- To ensure outstanding knowledge of CooperVision’s products, clinical and technical information, product strategy, market and commercial positioning, and brand messages to assist customers in selecting those best suited to their needs
- To deliver training programmes to retail staff as agreed to improve knowledge of CooperVision products and placement
- To organise and execute clinical training in liaison with the Professional Services team to improve clinical knowledge of employees and build brand loyalty
- To form close relationships with Regional Managers and representatives within the account structure to provide the platform for commercial, retail training and educational programmes
- To liaise with local Customer Service to ensure service levels are both maintained and acceptable to the account
- To represent the Company at seminars, exhibitions and meetings as required to enhance the customer experience when interacting with CooperVision team members
- To attend all sales meetings to ensure understanding of Company direction and action plans
- To accurately complete all reporting and administrative duties including the upkeep of the designated CRM system
What skills and experience should you have?
As a Business Development Manager, you will be required to have experience in a professional sales environment and defining and achieving sales results. Awareness and the ability to make a positive impact with prospective and existing customers is also essential for this role. Other key knowledge and skills include:
- Enviable track record of achievement (target achievements) gained from organizations that demonstrate and require strong interpersonal skills to influence at all levels of management
- Advanced skills of listening and empathy
- Understanding of investigative questioning techniques
- Highly pro-active and able to work successfully individually as well as within a team towards pre-determined objectives
- Ability to effectively manage a large geographical sales area
- Self-motivated with the ability to prioritize and organize effectively, remaining calm when working under pressure
- Excellent inter-personal skills
- Excellent presentation skills
- Results oriented
- Tenacious and resilient
Due to the extensive travel requirements of this role and the large territory to be managed, candidates must currently live within or be willing to relocate to the postcodes listed above for their application to be considered.
Our four values define and underpin our unique culture; we are Dedicated, we are Inventive, we are Friendly, and we are Partners. Becoming part of the CooperVision family means joining a friendly team that’s open, flexible, and respectful of each other’s differences, working together to achieve something great!
What we offer
You’ll receive competitive compensation and a fantastic benefits package including; bonus, company car, 25 days holiday, pension scheme, healthcare cover, life assurance, a discounted contact lens scheme and much more!
If you like what you see, take the first step towards your brighter future and apply today. All suitably qualified applicants will receive equal consideration and opportunities from CooperVision.
CooperVision is a global leader in the contact lens industry, dedicated to helping improve the way people see every day. Achieving that goal takes the collaboration of team members with wide-ranging skills; from scientists and researchers, to manufacturing and operations experts, to sales and marketing professionals.
At CooperVision, our effort to improve lives begins with our employees. We are committed to developing people as a key global differentiator and our most important asset. We empower employees to succeed, rewarding great thinking and hard work with competitive pay, comprehensive benefits, and with a special focus on wellness. Our commitment to our core values and a diverse, inclusive, employee-centric culture fuel a deeply engaged, high performing organization.
CooperVision employees pride themselves on being proactive, innovative, flexible and friendly. That’s a strong reflection of our corporate culture-and part of the reason CooperVision may be a great workplace for you.
Location: United Kingdom
Job date: Mon, 26 Jun 2023 23:28:06 GMT
Apply for the job now!