Job title: Business Development Manager Scotland
Press Tab to Move to Skip to Content Link
Search by Keyword
Search by Location
Select how often (in days) to receive an alert:
Select how often (in days) to receive an alert:
Share this Job
Business Development Manager Scotland
Date: Apr 14, 2023
London, ENG, GB
Additional Location: Scotland
Seniority Level: Entry level
Employement type: Permanent
Workplace Type: Remote
Company: Glen Grant Ltd
Campari Group today is a major player in the global branded spirits industry, with a portfolio of over 50 premium and super premium brands, marketed and distributed in over 190 markets around the world, with leading positions in Europe and the Americas.
Headquartered in Milan, Italy, Campari Group owns 22 plants worldwide and has its own distribution network in 22 countries, and employs approximately 4,000 people.
Shares of the parent company Davide Campari – Milano N.V. are listed on the Italian Stock Exchange since 2001. Campari Group is today the sixth-largest player worldwide in the premium spirits industry.
Campari Group is looking for a Business Development Manager (BDM) to join the Commercial team based in the United Kingdom.
The Business Development Manager is responsible for the consumer’s first experience and interaction with our brands in the Independent Free Trade (IFT) and will be responsible for the brand activation and commercial deals in IFT. This role formulates and implements sales plans for the independent on trade in the key cities and territories assigned. This position develops the company’s independent on trade accounts in the territory assigned to maximise sales revenue and profitability, based on pre-agreed targets. The position seeks new business opportunities within existing accounts and new account listings within the independent on trade for brands distributed by the company.
The successful candidate will report into the Field Sales Manager North.
Key Responsibilities and Activities
- Accurately forecasts annual, quarterly and monthly revenue targets from all independent on trade accounts assigned
- Develops Account Sales Plans, based on brand plans, to target independent on trade accounts that fit each brand’s profile
- Achieves new listings and target Rate of Sale for Campari Group UK brands in independent bar, club or restaurant accounts and negotiates contracts where feasible
- Maintains and manages portfolio of independent on trade accounts and local groups with regular sales call cycle to achieve pouring and back bar status and cocktail listing for Campari Group UK brands
- Implements promotional activities and incentives to deliver results agreed with the Field Sales Manager.
- Maintains updated database of information on portfolio of independent on trade accounts
- Provides feedback on competitor activities and market trends in the independent style bar sector and in target on trade accounts
- Conducts training sessions in on trade accounts for the company’s focus brands
- Completes all necessary administrative requirements, including weekly journey plans, monthly reports, customer contact reports and other reports requested by the Field Sales Manager in real time
- Delivers world class execution at point of purchase (POP) to deliver a brand experience that sets us apart from the competition in ‘Halo’ accounts/groups
- Controls the budget for their region and will take this into consideration with current and futrue proposals to the Field Sales Manager South and Business Unit Manager IFT
- Reports to Field Sales Manager
Other Internal Relationships:
- Wider Independent Free Trade team including Business Development Managers covering other territories, Field Sales Manager North and Business Unit Manager Independent Free Trade
- Channel & Customer Marketing and Marketing departments
- Route to Market team for volume requirements and forecasting purposes
- Finance department
- Brand Ambassadors
- Customers such as bar owners, bar managers, operation managers, marketing managers
- Route to Market representatives
- Third party suppliers to collaborate on joint commercial deals
Experience and Skills
- Minimum 2 years’ experience in a Sales / Commercial environment, within the drinks industry (preferred)
- Extensive understanding of the on-trade channel
- Strong network and contact base in the channel
- Dynamic self-starter, highly motivated and eager to achieve success
- Results and profit orientated
- Highly organised and takes a planned approach to work
- Manages own time well
- Displays emotional intelligence in high pressure situations
- Forward looking, focused on continuous improvement in productivity and effectiveness
- Roadworthy and presentable car when required
- Clean driving license
This role does not qualify for Expat treatment; therefore you must have the right to work in the UK
In Campari Group we believe in building more value together, thus we see diversity in all forms as a source of enrichment. We do not and will not discriminate in employment and personnel practices on the basis of race, sex, age, disability, religion, national origin or any other basis prohibited by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances.
‘Together’ is the way we see our business, a joint effort by ourselves, our customers and partners, working with passion behind every brand and every cocktail being served. Together we embrace our own responsibilities and share our knowledge and best practices, accepting failures and helping others to do the same, with honesty and courage. Together we break any cultural, organizational and geographical barriers, working across countries, businesses and functions, trusting each other on the ground of the values and common goals we share.”
Our commitment to Diversity & Inclusion:
At Campari Group we believe in building more value together, thus we see diversity in all forms as a source of enrichment. Our employment policies and practices ensure that we are committed to providing equal employment opportunities in all aspects of employment without regard to any individual’s race, religion, creed, color, national origin, ancestry, physical disability, mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, marital status, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or characteristics or expression, political affiliation or activity, age, veteran status, citizenship, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Note to applicants:
Your application will be assessed based on your abilities, expertise, general knowledge and experience, not because of any confidential, proprietary or trade secret information you may possess. You must not disclose to Campari Group any such information. In the event that you are asked a question that cannot be answered without disclosure of any confidential, proprietary or trade secret information (including from a current or prior employer or their vendors or customers), you must decline to answer the question.
Notice to third party agencies:
Please note that we do not accept unsolicited resumes from recruiters or employment agencies. In the absence of a signed Recruitment Services Agreement, we will not consider, or agree to, payment of any referral compensation or recruiter fee. In the event that a recruiter or agency submits a resume or candidate without a previously signed agreement, we explicitly reserve the right to pursue and hire those candidate(s) without any financial obligation to the recruiter or agency
Find similar jobs:
© DAVIDE CAMPARI-Milan NV 20099 – Sesto San Giovanni Via Franco Sacchetti 20 – VATIN: IT06672120158 – Company register 06672120158 – Share capital E. 58.080.000
Job date: Sun, 16 Apr 2023 00:49:09 GMT
Apply for the job now!