Job title: Business Development Manager Sea Logistics
Job description: Business Development Manager Sea Logistics | United Kingdom | GB15158
As the Business Development Manager, you will be in a customer facing role to develop and promote the growth of our sea logistics business through a focused collaboration with supporting sales and operations teams and overseas partners while bringing in new business and maintaining existing business.
- Responsible for business development of sea logistics; collaborating with all levels of the sales organisation on key opportunities and and manage beneficial relationships with overseas partners.
- Develop and own strategy in line with, and execution to achieve agreed growth targets for sea logistics.
- Provide sales leads to the sales organisation as well as delivering new business within the sales pipeline with a targeted number of client visits per month: Owned Customer and Support Sales Customer Visits.
- Maintain and develop overseas partner relationships, including pipeline development, sales lead creation and focused activities with our overseas company partners.
- Understand customer requirements to ensure effective alignment with supplier sourcing and provide response to any client issues.
- Conduct regular reviews of market sector strategy, new business opportunity and value creation.
- Ensure key client requirements are effective, profitable and linked to the operational department.
- Maintain service KPI’s for both customer and supplier, supported by regular key client KPI updates and QBR’s.
YOUR SKILLS AND EXPERIENCES
- Excellent organisational and time management skills
- Proficient with MS Word, Excel, and PowerPoint
- Experience of gathering and interpreting business needs and offering suitable solutions
- In depth understanding of Sea Logistics Products.
- Excellent communication skills – able to translate technical jargon and keep stakeholders informed
- Collaboration and networking skills at all levels
- Good problem solving ability
- Full driver’s license with flexibility to travel both nationally and overseas
GOOD REASON TO JOIN
If you would like to become a valued member of our team, we will make sure that you’re rewarded for your commitment and expertise. You can join the contributory Kuehne+Nagel pension plan and enjoy our Route 2 Rewards scheme which offers everything from discounts, benefit information, recognition and its own wellbeing centre. We care for our colleagues (and their immediate family) with our employee assistance programme providing access to 24/7 GP, legal and financial advice along with mental health counselling. All of this to help you live a happier and healthier life. As proud holders of the Gold Covenant, we are a forces-friendly employer who recognise the skills, expertise and value service leavers bring to our organisation.
With over employees at some 1,300 locations in over 100 countries, the Kuehne+Nagel Group is one of the world’s leading logistics companies.
Job date: Tue, 16 May 2023 22:32:09 GMT
Apply for the job now!