Job title: Business Development Manager (Service and Maintenance)
Company: Russell Taylor Group
Job description: Business Development Manager (Service and Maintenance)
About the company:
- Our client is an award-winning business specialising in the design, manufacture and operation of liquid and gas-powered combined heat and power (CHP) units and power generation systems. Their renewable power systems are utilised by a wide range of commercial application throughout the UK where a zero-carbon energy solution, reliability and grid resilience are critical.
- Our client is partners with a select number of world class OEM organisations, operating a range of engines and energy systems we aim to recruit only the very best managers to join our busy and growing team.
- Our Client’ operate predominately on natural gas, biogas, propane, LPG and Syngas for deployment in mixed use developments, leisure and hospitality sectors as well as manufacturing and infrastructure resilience. Candidates with experience in micro generation is preferred however those with experience in intelligent boiler systems and heat pumps will be considered.
- Very Attractive Package
- Salary around £65,000 +
- Car Allowance
- Generous Bonus Scheme (Uncapped)
Quick overview of the role:
- Responsible for the growth of Service and Maintenance contract sales to disrupt the traditional OEM service and maintenance programmes to provide customers with dynamic and fast reaction to improve run hours of embedded CHP plant.
- You will be required to proactively develop and promote the clients 24-hour service, maintenance and monitoring services and OEM parts from internal technical teams from across the business to ensure sustainable sales targets are met.
Essential requirements for the role:
- Conduct market research with support from the Marketing team as required, whilst also working closely with our OEM partners to identify service and aftermarket maintenance opportunities
- Develop and implement an effective sales strategy whilst forging positive long-term relationships with new and existing customers for repeat business from construction, energy management and investment corporations
- Quickly identify new business opportunities with the objective of generating an extensive sales pipeline with a high sales conversion rate.
- Managing multiple bids across multi locations of the same time in various sectors within the CHP sectors, power generation, fire pumps, rotary UPS and other engine driven appliances that have a need for our 24-hour monitoring service, maintenance and aftersales offerings.
- The ability to quickly identify and understand our customer’s needs and demonstrate anecdotal experience to educate our clients, as well as articulating and creating the conditions to secure service and maintenance revenues
- A thorough understanding of the power generation, maintenance and aftersales markets whilst also identifying future trends and opportunities.
- With support from internal sales, undertake the financial and environmental business case studies to understand the maintenance costs and value contribution/benefits for all stakeholders.
- Daily utilisation and maintenance of the CRM sales tool as part of sale enquiry lead management
- Provide realistic project appraisals and aftersales support when required, both internally and with our customers.
- The position may require extensive travel and overnight stays throughout the UK sometimes at short notice, as and when required however also remaining aware of minimising environmental impact
Skills and Qualifications:
- A sales engineering or power generation maintenance/project background with proven business to business selling with at least 5 years’ experience.
- An understanding of various natural gas, diesel and biofuel engine types, maintenance offerings and after sales experience with OEM suppliers and customers.
- Commercially aware with experience in contract negotiation.
- A thorough understanding and experience within the power generation, landfill, biogas and data centres and experience of life critical safety systems renewable service and maintenance markets.
- A consistently high level of quality of work is required to ensure new business opportunities are maximised.
- The skillset to generate leads, pro-actively search for new opportunities and nurture potential growth.
- Demonstrable strong communication and negotiation skills both orally and written.
- Excellent time management and planning skills, including appointment scheduling supported by executive team
- Good knowledge of MS office and general computer skills.
- Critical thinker and problem solver.
- A confident communicator with peers, engineers, finance stakeholders and at Director level.
- A proactive individual who can quickly identify and develop an entrepreneurial approach.
- Excellent listening skills whilst managing and dealing with complex, challenging and potentially problematic situations.
- The role requires strong initiative and creative skills in nurturing and converting business leads and opportunities quickly.
- Financial and commercial acumen is essential to support the development of new sales.
- A track record of demonstrable successful negotiation of technical service and maintenance opportunities
- The ability and experience of working on multiple tenders and projects as priorities develop.
Job date: Sat, 15 Apr 2023 02:59:55 GMT
Apply for the job now!