Job title: Business Development Manager – Surge Protection
Job description: Business Development Manager – Surge Protection
Take your next career step at ABB with a global team that is energizing the transformation of society and industry to achieve a more productive, sustainable future. At ABB, we have the clear goal of driving diversity and inclusion across all dimensions: gender, LGBTQ+, abilities, ethnicity and generations. Together, we are embarking on a journey where each and every one of us, individually and collectively, welcomes and celebrates individual differences.
Create end user acceptance and specification offering with Consultants & target segment(s). Drive and implement marketing and sales activities for the target market segment(s) in line with the agreed sales strategy. Ensure high levels of customer satisfaction and continuously monitor segment performance. Define and ensure implementation of product marketing strategies in assigned area to meet business objectives in line with global product strategy. Oversee all marketing activities and support Local Sales Office in driving sales and services of respective products. This is a field based role, with nationwide travel reporting to our Nottingham office.
- Strategy – Creates plans and ensures implementation of the local market product marketing strategy including definition and communication of the product value propositions and product positioning in accordance with the global product marketing strategy.
- Targets – Responsible for achieving key targets (e.g. volume, price, and mix) for the segment(s) in the specified markets. Creates detailed business plans, implements with regular follow-up.
- Business Plans – Develops and implements annual marketing plan in conjunction with the local business unit and product group. Prepares business plans focused on business development for the Surge Protection market.
- Market analysis – Monitors market trends and recommends adjustments for the strategy and plans accordingly to meet changing market and competitive landscapes. Provides appropriate market information for long- to mid-term decision making.
- Sales – Responsible for the sales number working directly with assigned OEM’s, Specialist Distributors, Electrical Wholesalers and Lightning Protection Installers.
- Sales – Oversees sales execution for Surge Protection products by coordinating the preparation of relevant materials and guidance to the marketplace and sales teams where applicable.
- Training – Drives sales efficiency by ensuring appropriate product knowledge (technical and sales) for each sales person. Ensures know-how sharing and cross-collaboration.
- Knowledge and experience of dealing with electrical and mechanical consultants, M&E contractors in the targeted segments.
- Electrical Qualification, Degree level or HNC.
- Experience with Surge Protection devices.
- Minimum 5 years’ experience in the industry or targeted market segments.
- Excellent communication and customer relation skills.
- Full UK driving license.
- Should be able to deliver technical and product presentations to potential clients.
- Possess knowledge of the earthing & lightning protection standards, product application and competitors offering. (Desirable)
More about us
We look forward to receiving your application (documents submitted in English are appreciated). If you want to discover more about ABB, take another look at our website www.abb.com.
Job date: Wed, 17 May 2023 22:54:31 GMT
Apply for the job now!