Job title: Development Associate – London or Dubai
Job description: Job Description:
Skyports Infrastructure is the leading owner and operator of vertiports to enable electric air taxi operations in a number of cities around the world, with the first commercial flights planned for 2025.
Headquartered in London, United Kingdom, and with offices in Singapore, Dubai, Japan and the USA, we have projects operating across multiple continents, including in Asia, Australia, Europe, Middle East and North and South America. Having recently finalised our $26m Series B funding round, receiving the backing of investors including; Ardian, F2i, Deutsche Bahn, Groupe ADP, Kanematsu, Irelandia and Levitate Capital, now is a very exciting time to join the team!
We have an exciting new opportunity for Development Associate to join our expanding infrastructure division with a focus on the Middle East and wider EMEA and with opportunities to work on projects throughout Asia and North America.
The role is extremely varied; from defining the project budget, assembling and managing design teams, achieving regulatory approval, overseeing contractor procurement and appointment, value engineering, managing the delivery team and bringing developments into operational readiness.
Throughout 2023/4 Skyports will develop and deploy a number of passenger and cargo vertiports which will enable the very first commercial operations of electric vertical take-off and landing aircraft. In every market, we work with the leading aircraft OEMs and operators and our projects are backed by government entities. The Assistant Development Manager will be critical to ensuring the delivery and success of this roll out. In addition to developing our own assets, we are working with a number of high-profile clients to design and develop vertiport networks.
Based in Dubai or London office, the role will involve extensive domestic and international travel, especially within the Middle East.
- Be responsible for development projects from inception to completion
- Prepare and manage business plans and budgets
- Undertake site feasibility assessments and identify surveys that need to be completed
- Coordinate internal teams (e.g. technology/electrification) for their input in design
- Select, appoint and manage professional teams
- Manage planning applications and procurement of required consents
- Manage design processes ensuring value maximization, budget and programme control
- Manage construction ensuring value maximization, budget and programme control
- Oversea the snagging process until practical completion is achieved
- Assist internal teams to achieve full operational readiness
- Ensure compliance with all health and safety and environmental regulations
- Monitor and report on all financial aspects of projects
- Professional qualification, ideally RICS/Prince with 1+ years PQE
- Experience working as a Development Manager/Project Manager or in a consultancy capacity
- Experience of working with RIBA processes & plans
- Project experience at multiple different project phases
- Knowledge and experience of all of the main project management concepts, tools, and techniques
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills. Excel proficiency is a core requirement.
- A highly motivated, proactive, self-starter and team-player who likes a challenge and has the ingenuity and resilience to find the solutions to overcome them
- Ability to quickly master complex, technical issues
- A strong interest in aviation and prior knowledge of advanced air mobility is preferable
- Being comfortable navigating through ambiguity as this is a new industry and no one yet has all the answers
- Embraces opportunities to learn new skills and take on new tasks whenever they arise
- Flexibility to travel
- Competitive salary and equity package
- Flexible working arrangements
- Generous holiday policy
- A unique exciting fast-paced working environment where we can truly make a change for good to the world of sustainable transportation
- An opportunity to participate in innovation projects
- A strong company culture with the opportunity to work alongside talented and ambitious colleagues
- Opportunities to travel to our global HQ in London and other regional offices
- Team lunches
- Company swag!
Job date: Sun, 22 Jan 2023 02:26:50 GMT
Apply for the job now!