Job title: Global Business Development Manager – M&A
Company: Freshfields Bruckhaus Deringer
Job description: We are recruiting for a Global Business Development Manager, to be based in London, working with our global M&A and Corporate team. The role will deliver the whole spectrum of MBD activities with a particular focus on pitching, and is an opportunity for someone to further develop their skills to be an expert in this area. You will be joining a global M&A BD team and be involved in BD opportunities in the UK, Europe and beyond. This is an excellent opportunity to work in an international environment in a team with a strong culture of teamwork and collaboration.
Location Overview: London
Our London office is at the heart of our global network, in one of the most exciting world cities. London is arguably the world’s greatest financial centre: all of the world’s leading financial institutions have a significant presence here. It’s home to the headquarters of more than 100 of Europe’s largest companies.
Our London team has a reputation that’s second to none. They’re the team the world’s leading businesses turn to for help with their most challenging problems. They work with colleagues around the world on complex, cross-border deals and disputes. Whether you join as a lawyer, a recent graduate or in a business services role, London is a great place to work.
You will have the opportunity to work on challenging, engaging work that will give you the opportunity to make your mark and progress your career. We believe there is no better place to work.
MBD is a dynamic global team which includes business development specialists, research analysts, brand, marketing and communications experts. By working collaboratively, our team shapes the firm’s client strategy, completes analysis of complex business issues, targets opportunities, develops compelling proposals and creates content and marketing campaigns that lead our digital presence. Together, we define the client experience and shape the perception of Freshfields around the globe.
Key responsibilities and deliverables
- Respond to the specific challenges and opportunities for M&A/Corporate, then develop and execute a focused marketing and business development strategy that strengthens relationships with existing clients, targets new work and builds the global reputation of the firm
- Create and manage compelling credentials, proposals and pitches to respond to fast turn-around bids, strategic panels or other opportunities to win work for the global practice group or sector; record and track on Salesforce
- Produce and manage practice group or sector-specific content, campaigns or events and relevant directory and award submissions to increase engagement with key clients and enhance the personal brands of leading practitioners and the firm’s global reputation.
- Leverage technology e.g. Salesforce and tools to analyse trends, anticipate and identify opportunities to develop existing clients and services, track key relationships, and measure the success of initiatives.
- Deliver an agile and responsive bespoke service model based on mutual respect and appreciation of skillsets across the team
- Contribute to continuous improvement in the firm’s approach to business development, including coaching of colleagues and proactive sharing of knowledge, content and data to centralised tools such as Foundation
- Manage the career development of more junior colleagues within the BD team, both in terms of mentorship and regular review and advice regarding live work projects
- Educated to degree level; with considerable experience in professional organisations (legal, accountancy, technology, consultancy)
- Demonstrable experience with pitching, both in creating and delivering pitches from cradle to grave
- Strong competencies around emotional intelligence, teamworking, communication and prioritisation
- History of strong multi-tasking and project management skills and demonstrated capabilities to manage multiple deadlines and changing project criteria, and resilience under pressure
- Excellent written, presentation and oral communications skills, with demonstrated excellence in grammar and proofreading
- Extensive working knowledge of Microsoft Suite software
- Natural curiosity and propensity to learn; enthusiasm to grow into a rounded business development practitioner, specialising in M&A/Corporate
- Additional language skills to English, particularly German, would be desirable
Freshfields Bruckhaus Deringer is a major international law firm, providing business law advice of the highest quality. We want to be the law firm that clients turn to for legal advice where it most matters, wherever in the world that may be. The Firm has over 2,400 lawyers in 28 offices around the world, providing a comprehensive service to national and multinational corporations, financial institutions and governments.
Our people make our firm – we are a people business and want to create a welcoming and supportive environment where all can flourish. We see diversity as a strength which creates fresh perspectives and generates new ideas. We enjoy our work and are determined to do an outstanding job. We deliver best when working in teams. Our culture is a product of the combined mindsets and behaviours of our people which is through the Being Freshfields principles, outlined below:
- we show respect to everyone
- we are there for one another
- we are open with each other
- we are positive role models
We think and work globally – we don’t just say we are one firm; we act like one firm right across the world. We work wherever our clients need us. This is how we define ourselves, not by reference to where we have offices. Cross-border work isn’t just what we do, it is what we excel at. We understand what it really takes to work across different legal systems and commercial environments and to bridge language and cultural gaps.
We aim to add value in everything we do – we are passionate about helping our clients succeed. We use our experience and creativity to help clients make judgements and achieve their goals. In everything we do, we seek to make a real difference to the communities in which we operate.
Freshfields is committed to promoting equality and diversity and to developing a culture that values differences, recognising that employees from a variety of backgrounds make important and positive contributions to our business and how we service our clients.
Freshfields is an equal opportunities employer and all applications received by the firm will be considered by the firm on the basis of their merit alone and we welcome applications from all suitably qualified individuals regardless of background. All offers of employment will be conditional on the candidate having/securing the right to work in the UK and providing the firm with evidence of that right (as required by the Immigration, Asylum and Nationality Act 2006) prior to employment commencing.
Freshfields is a Ban the Box employer. We ask applicants to disclose criminal convictions only when a conditional job offer is made. A conviction does not automatically lead to withdrawal of the offer: we make decisions on a case by case basis and take a number of factors into account (eg the role you are applying for and the circumstances of the offence). You would have the opportunity to discuss the matter with us before we make a decision.
Job date: Sat, 15 Apr 2023 05:40:51 GMT
Apply for the job now!