Job title: Group, Conference, and Events Assistant Sales Manager
Job description: As Group, Conference, and Events (GCE) Assistant Sales Manager manages the Groups, Conference and Events Sales office and the on-property GC&E Sales Executive and Groups Coordinators Team to maximize sales results Hotel Groups and Events.
What will I be doing?
As Group, Conference, and Events (GCE) Assistant Sales Manager, you will manage the Groups, Conference and Events Sales office and the on-property Reservations Team to actively convert customer enquiries into confirmed sales. The Group, Conference, and Events (GCE) Assistant Sales Manager will interact frequently with customers and Guests to learn about their needs and develop relationships from which to earn repeat and expanded business. Specifically, you will be responsible for performing the following tasks to the highest standards:
- Supervise the GC&E Sales Executives and Coordinators work to deliver our standard services to our customer and achieve our financial goal
- Visit the customer with the Sales Manager to guarantee the success of the biggest groups and events
- Get involved with the negotiations for groups and events to maximize the results
- Coordinate the “function meeting” with the vital information about the groups and events that will happen in the next 14 days
- Be responsible for the weekly communication meeting with the executives and coordinators
- To know and promote the hotel facilities and also to have the knowledge of our competitors’ strengths and weakness
- Organize the hotel’s visit and attend the unexpected requests
- Be the contact between the client and the hotel staff, when it’s necessary
- Team work and total cooperation with the Sales Managers and Revenue Management to ensure that the entire sales process is completed and up to date
- Update daily the sales activities on the hotels systems, ensuring that those information are correct and consistent to be at the Groups Report
- Review rates, groups, deadlines and waiting lists
- Review commission reports for groups, events and Food and Beverage
- To be part of special activities, such as: secretaries cocktails, welcome dinner for groups, etc.
- Make sure that all the request should be answered in 24 hours
- Keep yourself informed about the clients and engage the relationship with them
- To keep a nice work environment and good communication in the department and also with the other departments in the hotel to ensure compliance with Brand Standards and ensuring customer/guest satisfaction
- Comply with the stipulated times and adapt to changes according to the hotel’s operation’s needs
- To know and promote the hotel’s activities and events
- Maximize all Group, Conference, and Event revenue opportunities
- Review business plans, identify gaps and ensure proactive efforts to fill capacity and meet set targets
- Contribute to the selling strategy of the hotel, and manage the departments’ adherence to achieving that strategy
- Understand the competitive market place and implement approaches to ensure the hotel stays ahead in the local market
- Conduct weekly spot checks of five bookings carried out with a minimum of 90% achieved in any departmental and system audits for any Team Member
- Ensure the Group, Conference, and Events (GCE) Sales Team Members are developed effectively and generate a culture of high quality standards for relationship building, customer service, selling techniques, and billing and processing contracts
- Manage and develop the Group, Conference, and Events (GCE) Sales Team to ensure career progression and effective succession planning within the hotel and company
- Organize hotel promotional activities
What are we looking for?
A Groups and Events Assistant Manager serving Hilton brands is always working on behalf of our Guests and working with other Team Members. To successfully fill this role, you should maintain the attitude, behaviours, skills, and values that follow:
- Complete Graduate Degree or MBA in Management, Hospitality or Marketing
- Fluent English and a second language desirable
- Previous sales and events / banquets, preferably in Hotel, and positions of leadership and supervision teams
- Critical analysis to strategically evaluate the sales of shares to be taken
- Ability to analyse and manage multiple tasks.
- Ability to Manage Stress situations, always promoting a constructive and positive attitude
- Knowledge of Product and Marketing, such as: Politics, Operation and Structure of Hotel, super vision and organization of team members
- The ability to solve problems quickly and efficiently.
- Sense of organization and planning
- Good written and verbal communication
- Demonstrated previous managerial or supervisory experience in a Conference and Events Sales function in the hotel/leisure sector
- Strong leadership skills to effectively manage and motivate the team to achieve high levels of performance and exceed targets
- Strong analytical skills to understand key business indicators and competitive trends and develop approaches to these challenges
- Excellent selling capability and an ability and desire to coach selling techniques to their team
- Excellent organizational and planning skills
- Accountable and resilient
- Flexibility to respond to a range of different work situations
What is it like working for Hilton?
The future of hospitality is bright at Hilton: a leading global hospitality company with a diverse portfolio of world-class brands. Dedicated to filling the earth with the light and warmth of hospitality, we have welcomed more than 3 billion guests in our more than 100-year history. Hilton is proud to have an award-winning workplace culture, and we are consistently named among one of the World’s Best Workplaces.
We support the mental and physical wellbeing of all Team Members, so they can Thrive, thanks to innovative programs and benefits such as workplace flexibility, career growth and development, and our Go Hilton Team Member Travel discount program. Hilton prioritizes understanding and integrating our Team Members’ unique perspectives and voices—along with those of our Guests, Owners, Suppliers, and Partners—to cultivate a diverse and inclusive environment for all. Check out the Hilton Careers blog and Instagram to learn more about what it’s like to be on Team Hilton!
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We will ensure that qualified individuals with protected disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions of his or her role, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us to request accommodation.
Job date: Thu, 30 Mar 2023 23:38:21 GMT
Apply for the job now!