Job title: JUNIOR BIM MANAGER – MEP
Company: Duncan & Ross
Job description: KEY RESPONSIBILITIES:
Responsible for delivering a business technology strategy and promoting the benefits of digital ways of working. You may support a small team, ensuring that projects run smoothly, and project information models are delivered on time. The role involves working closely with BIM coordinators who are responsible for managing the digital process.
The role of a Junior BIM manager involves the following duties:
- Acting as the intermediary between designers, clients, and architects so that projects remain efficient and effective.
- Working closely with BIM coordinators, who are responsible for producing project information models.
- Ensuring that BIM execution plans are produced and maintained for each project.
- Completing supply chain assessments
- Supporting and auditing the project team and flagging non-compliances
- Training or upskilling colleagues in specific software programs
- Ensuring staff have access to the tools and equipment they need.
- Overseeing the purchase of workstations so that hardware is sufficient and effective.
- Producing monthly reports for senior managers, to identify and measure BIM implementation.
- Keeping up to date with advancements in building technology
- Driving the implementation of digital information plans and strategies
- Leading meetings to identify project tasks and resolve issues.
- Overseeing BIM budgets
- Supporting the career development, coaching, and mentoring of a team of staff
- Raising the profile of BIM within across departments and teams
- Adhering to the latest industry standards.
KNOWLEDGE & EXPERIENCE:
- Experience in an AEC role (at least 6 years experience) specifically Consultancy side.
- Familiarity with the modelling process in BIM.
- Excellent IT skills.
- Great verbal and written communication skills.
- Extensive knowledge of quality and document management processes.
EDUCATION & TRAINING:
Bachelor’s or Graduate’s Degree in business, electrical engineering, computer science, engineering or information technology or equivalent experience.
Vertical: Digital Engineering
Job date: Tue, 11 Apr 2023 22:21:56 GMT
Apply for the job now!