Job title: Manager II, Forensic Investigations and Intelligence
Job description: Our professionals balance analytical skills, deep market insight and independence to deliver solid, defensible analysis and practical advice to our clients. As an organization, we value the diverse backgrounds and perspectives that enable us to think globally. We create transparency in an opaque world, and we encourage our people to do the same. That means when you join our team, youâll become part of a supportive and collaborative work environment that empowers you to excel. If youâre ready to share your perspective with the world, then you can make a real impact here. This is the Kroll difference.
Krollâs Forensic Investigations and Intelligence (âFIIâ) practice is world-renowned for our trusted experts, global resources, local insight, and actionable results. As the originator of the modern, independent internal investigation, over our 45-year history Kroll has conducted thousands of investigations worldwide. Clients have entrusted us with assisting them to resolve some of their most difficult and business critical challenges.
Our investigative services include financial, internal, and regulatory investigations, asset searches, brand protection, forensic accounting, dispute advisory services, litigation support, business/market entry intelligence, transaction intelligence, proxy contests, intellectual property infringement and product counterfeiting, and regulatory or court-ordered monitorships.
Krollâs FII practice is staffed with a multidisciplinary team of professionals who include former prosecutors, law enforcement officers and journalists, as well as certified public and forensic accountants, data analytics experts, and certified fraud examiners.
The position is located at our Dubai office. This role will require regular travel within the Middle East region. As an Associate Director, you will either be responsible for managing an aspect of a large investigation, or be responsible for all aspects of case management, from conducting research and analysis, to structuring reports and managing resources, to presenting conclusions to clients with respect to a small and medium size investigation. This is a client facing role and as such, you will be expected to build and retain key relationships and exceed in meeting the clientâs needs, whilst ensuring that the Kroll brand remains intact at all times.
Due to the range of cases that you will manage across various industry-sectors and country locations, a key interest in global events and markets, with an awareness of working across different cultural and political environments is essential.Â Â
- To ensure the efficient management of cases which includes:
- To gain a deep understanding of the case and client needs through discussions directly with the client or taking direction from a senior member of the team.
- Scoping the project and writing and submitting proposals.
- Accurately forecast and effectively manage all aspects of case finances and contribute to the successful management of the case budget.
- Examine and interpret the information obtained to produce in-depth and detail-orientated analysis, identifying further research that needs to be carried out and what leads need to be investigated to support case development.Â Â
- Ability to analyse, interrogate and perform data analytics on large amounts of financial data and present findings coherently using Excel. Ability to effectively carrying out interviews with a range of stakeholders involved in the investigation.
- Write well structured, logical and objective reports which present the research in a client focused manner and addresses the clientsâ central questions and concerns.
- Support case work by using Excel and PowerPoint to provide diagrammatic and pictorial explanations to present key findings and patterns identified in the investigation.
- Effectively manage case resources including subcontractors and other 3rd party services, ensuring the correct protocols are followed, costs are monitored and accounted for accurately.Â
- Monitor the quality of Analyst research and analysis on the case, ensuring that Krollâs high standards are met each time. Provide guidance and feedback on research where necessary.
- Effectively feedback case findings and work closely with other members of the team involved in the investigation.
- Understand and comply with UK, European & US and other applicable regulations.
- Gain an in-depth understanding of other legal systems and implications of working across jurisdictions to support the variety of case work undertaken.
- Support senior members of the team on complex, multi-jurisdictional cases.Â
- Monitor quality of own work product and conduct follow-ups with clients or senior members of the team where necessary.
- Support the growth of the team through involvement in non-case related projects, internal initiatives and business development activities.
- Build strong working relationships with colleagues across Krollâs network of offices and various business practices.Â
- Identify own learning needs and opportunities, and continuously seek to improve case-work performance.
- Fluency in English and Arabic is essential for this role. Any other language is an asset.
- Experience in a reputable professional or financial/accounting services firm, or from an investigative/research intensive organization.
- 4 to 5 years of experience in conducting investigations on various types of inappropriate activities (i.e., corruption, fraud, IP theft, conflict of interestâ¦);
- Experience in performing fraud and corruption reviews and/or compliance consulting is desirable
- Clarity of thought and expression to win confidence from key stakeholders and colleagues.
- An analytical, inquisitive and logical mind.
- Ability to communicate in both a verbal and written format, to a very high standard, with excellent attention to detail.
- Ability to drive forward and co-ordinate a number ofÂ concurrent projects and tasks, managing competing demands.
- Proven ability to research relevant markets, analyse information and clearly identify commercial opportunities.
- Strong communications skills (upward, downward, across individuals, across cultures, across business lines) in both a verbal and written format.
- A highly professional and commercial approach to problem solving.
- Familiarity with using data review and analytics tools such as Relativity, IDEA, Tableau;
- Advanced Microsoft office skills, with proven experience in using Word, Excel and PowerPoint.Â Â
- An accounting or forensic designation is desirable.
In order to be considered for a position at Kroll, you must formally apply viaÂ careers.kroll.jobs
Kroll is committed to equal opportunity and diversity, and recruits people based on merit.
Share this job
City Search Reset
Match jobs with LinkedIn
Any information we receive from LinkedIn is determined by LinkedIn and your privacy settings thereon. Kroll is not responsible for the privacy practices of any non-Kroll operated websites. We will process any data we receive in accordance with our .
Similar Job Openings
Dubai, United Arab Emirates Dubai, United Arab Emirates Dubai, United Arab Emirates
Get connected to Kroll
Join the Kroll Talent Community Join
We will process any data we receive in accordance with our .
Kroll is committed to creating an inclusive work environment. We are proud to be an equal opportunity employer and will consider all qualified applicants regardless of gender, gender identity, race, religion, color, nationality, ethnic origin, sexual orientation, marital status, veteran status, age or disability.
If you are an individual with disabilities who needs accommodation or you are having difficulty using our website to apply for employment, please contact Emily Spears at +1 312-697-4615. This contact information is for accommodation requests only and cannot be used to inquire about status of an application.
Click regarding self-identification of individuals with disabilities or those requesting accommodation.
Job date: Sat, 10 Jun 2023 05:08:32 GMT
Apply for the job now!