Job title: Marketing Executive
Job description: Job Number 23035445
Job Category Sales & Marketing
Location JW Marriott Marquis Hotel Dubai, Sheikh Zayed Road Business Bay, Dubai, United Arab Emirates, United Arab Emirates
Located Remotely? N
Position Type Non-Management
The Marketing Executive is the voice of the hotel, acting as a Brand Champion and will be responsible for assisting with Marketing projects and initiatives, supporting Social Media and Digital activities. This role is especially focused on the digital marketing and promotion of the hotel’s F&B outlets and is responsible for updating and maintaining all marketing channels, both internal and external.
The Marketing Executive will need to work with the graphic design team, social media lead and support any marketing campaigns through online channels. The Marketing Executive will need to be comfortable with meeting media and showing the hotel and its features. The Marketing Executive will support the F&B team and Spa team, as well as other departments with the creation, launch, promotion and execution of new concepts. This person will also be responsible for assisting and coordinating photography and video production for the hotel when required; managing multiple projects at the same time and successfully coordinating with internal teams, external clients and guests.
SCOPE / BUSINESS CONTEXT
- A Full Time position based at JW Marriott Marquis Dubai.
Diploma required; additional education in sales and marketing fields preferred.
At least 2 years’ experience as a Coordinator or in a supervisor position.
- Maintain a positive online presence by managing websites and third party sites
- Come up with innovative and creative digital marketing campaigns
- Together with the regional E-commerce team review websites such as OTAs and blogs to ensure recent photos and information is correct
- Use strategic marketing tools to drive incremental room, F&B, Spa and ancillary revenue (Google PPC Campaigns, paid social media adverts)
- Monthly marketing reporting for the hotels
- Keep in line with allocated digital budgets
- Work closely with Graphic Designers, F&B and Spa teams to ensure a smooth communication
- Plan marketing campaigns with various platforms in a timely manner according to the business needs
- Complete administration tasks as required (invoices, contracts etc)
- Assist with photography and video requests and manage this process on property
- Liaise with suppliers for any collateral/print requirements
- Support the Social Media lead and Marketing manager as required day to day
SPECIFIC JOB KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES
- Excellent organizational/administrative skills with office management experience
- Ability to priorities tasks and to manage workload using own initiative
- Ability to multi-task and work under pressure with limited resources
- Strong writing skills with excellent spelling & grammar
- Excellent computer skills and detailed knowledge of various computer programs, including a strong proficiency of MS Excel, Power point
- Previous experience in hotel, travel & tourism, service sector preferred
- 2 years of experience working in Marketing
- Is familiar with publishing tools and has a detailed understanding of design best practices and priorities.
- Show understanding and interest in Social Media including Twitter, Facebook, Instagram, Pinterest, Linked In, etc.
- Team player
- Highly professional in appearance, character and conduct
Safety and Security
- Report work related accidents, or other injuries immediately upon occurrence to manager/supervisor.
- Follow company and department safety and security policies and procedures to ensure a clean, safe, and secure environment.
- Notify Loss Prevention/Security of any guest reports of theft.
Policies and Procedures
- Follow company, hotel and department policies and procedures.
- Follows Marriott International Hotels Limited Regional Office policies and procedures
- Protect the privacy and security of guests and coworkers.
- Maintain confidentiality of proprietary materials and information.
- Ensure uniform, nametags, and personal appearance are clean, hygienic, professional and in compliance with company policies and procedures.
- Protect company tools, equipment, machines, or other assets in accordance with company policies and procedures.
- Perform other reasonable job duties as requested by Supervisors and Management.
- Working hours as required to do your job but normally not less than 48 hours per week.
- Actively listen and respond positively to guest questions, concerns, and requests using brand or property specific process (e.g., LEARN, JW Symphony of Service) to resolve issues, delight, and build trust.
- Assist other employees to ensure proper coverage and prompt guest service.
- Anticipate guests’ service needs, including asking questions of guests to better understand their needs and watching/listening to guest preferences and acting on them whenever possible.
- Address guests’ service needs in a professional, positive, and timely manner.
- Engage guests in conversation regarding their stay, property services, and area attractions/offerings.
- Thank guests with genuine appreciation and provide a fond farewell.
- Welcome and acknowledge each and every guest with a smile, eye contact, and a friendly verbal greeting, using the guest’s name when possible.
- Supply guests/residents with directions and information regarding property amenities, services, and hours of operation, and local areas of interest and activities.
- Answer telephones using appropriate etiquette including answering the phone within 3 rings, answering with a smile in one’s voice, using the callers’ name, transferring calls to appropriate person/department, requesting permission before placing the caller on hold, taking and relaying messages, and allowing the caller to end the call.
- Speak to guests and co-workers using clear, appropriate and professional language.
- Talk with and listen to other employees to effectively exchange information.
Working with Others
- Support all co-workers and treat them with dignity and respect.
- Handle sensitive issues with employees and/or guests with tact, respect, diplomacy, and confidentiality. Develop and maintain positive and productive working relationships with other employees and departments.
- Partner with and assist others to promote an environment of teamwork and achieve common goals.
Quality Assurance/Quality Improvement
- Comply with quality assurance expectations and standards, e.g. GuestVoice and JW Marriott Brand Standard Audit.
- Enter and locate work-related information using computers and/or point of sale systems.
- Stand, sit, or walk for an extended period of time or for an entire work shift.
- Read and visually verify information in a variety of formats (e.g., small print).
- Move, lift, carry, push, pull, and place objects weighing less than or equal to 10 pounds without assistance.
Marriott International is an equal opportunity employer. We believe in hiring a diverse workforce and sustaining an inclusive, people-first culture. We are committed to non-discrimination on any protected basis, such as disability and veteran status, or any other basis covered under applicable law.
Marriott International portfolio of brands includes both JW Marriott and Marriott Hotels.
Marriott Hotels, Marriott International’s flagship brand with more than 500 global locations, is advancing the art of hosting so that our guests can travel brilliantly. As a host with Marriott Hotels, you will help keep this promise by delivering premium choices, sophisticated style, and well-crafted details. With your skills and imagination, together we will innovate and reinvent the future of travel.
JW Marriott is part of Marriott International’s luxury portfolio and consists of more than 80 beautiful properties in gateway cities and distinctive resort locations around the world. JW believes our associates come first. Because if you’re happy, our guests will be happy. It’s as simple as that. Our hotels offer a work experience unlike any other, where you’ll be part of a community and enjoy a true camaraderie with a diverse group of co-workers. JW creates opportunities for training, development, recognition and most importantly, a place where you can really pursue your passions in a luxury environment. Treating guests exceptionally starts with the way we take care of our associates. That’s The JW Treatment™.
Job date: Sat, 25 Feb 2023 03:13:09 GMT
Apply for the job now!