Job title: National Business Development Manager, Retail
Company: Glory Global Solutions
Job description: ROLE TITLE: National Business Development Manager, Retail
REPORTING: UK Sales Director
LOCATION: UK, home based with nationwide travel.
Knutsford is local office.
GLORY is a global leading Retail solutions business operating in over 100 countries and we are proud of our trusted, customer centric culture built over the past century from our origins in Japan. We are looking for a Business Development Manager to join our growing Retail sector team, where you will receive a competitive benefits package in an Investors in People and Great place to work recognised Company.
With specialisms in cash automation technology and CX solutions, we provide a broad section of industries with confidence that their cash is protected, operational efficiencies achieved, and customer experience is significantly enhanced.
Our cash automation technologies and process engineering services help businesses in the Retail sector optimise the handling, movement, and management of cash. While we span the globe, we engage with each customer to address their unique challenges and goals — making bespoke recommendations to enhance colleague efficiency, reduce operating costs and enable a more rewarding customer experience.
We offer peace of mind. We enable transformation. We generate options. We empower people. We do all this by releasing companies from the burden of cash management, putting cash to work, and helping customers enhance the value that their staff and facilities add to their business.
We are looking for a Retail specialist who may have spent some time in their career working in the Quick Service Restaurant (QSR), hospitality, or core retail (fashion and grocery) sectors, but not exclusively. This role will have Business Development responsibilities through prospecting for new clients within the Retail Sector but will also be expected to broaden & deepen existing customer relationships through networking, direct approaches, or other creative means of generating interest from potential clients within Tier 1 & Tier 2. The role is responsible for planning persuasive approaches and pitches that will convince customers and potential new clients to collaborate with Glory. The successful candidate will ideally already have access to an extensive contact list of clients they can bring create opportunities with and be able to develop a rapport with new clients, own revenue targets for sales and provide support that will continually improve the customer relationship. This is a pure new business ‘hunter’ role to bring in new account relationships and will hand these relationships over after a specified time period.
You may also support the activities of others responsible for developing business for the company. Strategic planning is a key part of this job description since it is the role holder’s responsibility to develop the pipeline of new business. This requires a thorough knowledge of the Retail market, the solutions/services the company can provide, and those of the company’s competitors.
New Business Development
· Professionally trained New Business ‘hunter’ with at least 5 years of demonstrable success in achieving sales success at a National level and major opportunities
· Prospect for potential major new clients and convert the opportunities into new business relationships.
· Demonstrate that they have or can quickly build an extensive network of contacts
· Direct approaches as appropriate within your market or geographic area to ensure a robust pipeline of opportunities. * Meet potential clients by growing, maintaining, and leveraging your network.
· Identify potential clients, and the decision makers within the client organization.
· Research and build a network of relationships with new clients.
· Set up meetings between client decision makers and company’s practice leaders/Principals.
· Plan approaches and pitches. * Work with the team to develop proposals that speaks to the client’s needs, concerns, and objectives.
· Create new routes to market to creatively position Glory portfolio of hardware/ software solutions to a client base
· Have the credibility of a reputation as a trusted/ knowledgeable partner to the prospective clients
· Participate in pricing the solution/service.
· Handle objections by clarifying, emphasizing agreements, and working through differences to a positive conclusion. * Use a variety of styles to persuade or negotiate appropriately.
· Present an image that mirrors that of the client.
· Drive the entire sales cycle from initial customer engagement to closing sales.
· Prospect for potential customers using various direct methods such as calling and face to face meetings, and indirect methods such as networking
· Maintain a high level of relevant domain knowledge (Retail, Wholesale, Hospitality, QSR, F&B) in order to have meaningful conversations with prospects.
· Make presentations to senior managers and decision makers.
· Draft and deliver proposals.
· Work with technical staff and product specialists where required to address customer requirements
· Develop and maintain portfolio plans which outline how sales targets will be met on an ongoing basis
· Develop and maintain key account plans that identify opportunities for company to deliver value, strategic motivators, main stakeholders, buying processes and forecasted sales
· Report on sales activity
· Cultivate strong relationships with third party and partner companies that may be required to deliver full solutions to customers.
· Work with marketing to plan and execute lead generation campaigns
· Provide feedback to sales management on ways to decrease the sales cycle, enhance sales, and improve company brand and reputation.
Management and Research
· Submit weekly progress reports and ensure data is accurate.
· Ensure that data is accurately entered and managed within the company’s CRM or other sales management system.
· Forecast sales targets and ensure they are met by the team.
· Track and record activity on accounts and help to close deals to meet these targets.
· Work with marketing staff to ensure that prerequisites (like prequalification or getting on a vendor list) are fulfilled within a timely manner.
· Ensure all team members represent the company in the best light.
· Present business development training and mentoring to business developers and other internal staff.
· Research and develop a thorough understanding of the company’s people and capabilities.
· Understand the company’s goal and purpose so that will continual to enhance the company’s performance.
· To ensure routine use of bid review/approval processes, sales reporting and pipeline management/CRM tools
· Company car allowance
· 25 days’ holiday a year with the opportunity to buy up to five additional days each year.
· Competitive Company pension scheme
· Ongoing training and development
· Private medical insurance for all employees, (enhanced membership can be purchased for other family members)
· Life assurance
· Income protection scheme
· Dental insurance for all employees
· Employee assistance programme
· Loyalty awards
· Employee wellbeing events and Mental Health First Aiders
· Employee My Benefits portal offering extensive retail discounts.
· Opportunity to volunteer for charity work.
REQUIRED EDUCATION AND QUALIFICATIONS
· Educated to degree level preferred but not essential
· Several years of related sales experience
REQUIRED SKILLS AND COMPETENCIES
· Retail Industry knowledge or background (Either quickly build or ideally have an extensive network of contacts)
· Persuasive communication style
· Presentation and public speaking skills
· Research, Analytical & Prospecting skills
· Motivation for Sales
· Prospecting Skills
· Sales Planning
· Identification of Customer Needs and Challenges
· Territory Management
· Meeting Sales Goals
· Microsoft Office.
The Glory Spirits & Behaviours reflect the values and behaviours that are critical to the ongoing success of Glory and as such represent the foundations of our behaviour globally to lead us to realise our mission:
Value Creation – strive to create value for customers.
Collaboration – respect diversity and create a culture of collaboration to work with each other to achieve a common goal.
Integrity – understand Glory’s mission and act with responsibility and pride to realise achievement and act and behave with high integrity and a strong sense of ethics
Own Growth – leverage our own talent and achieve personal development by adopting a broader perspective; looking beyond our own work.
Glory believes in equal opportunity for all qualified persons and will not discriminate against any applicant for employment because of race, colour, religion, marital status, national origin, gender, age, disability, veteran status, or any other status protected by law.
Third Party Agencies
Unsolicited resumes will not be accepted by Glory. Should an agency choose to send unsolicited resumes, Glory reserves the right to review such resumes but will not be held liable for any fees/charges associated with a candidate hire except where a formal written agreement is in place between Glory and the Agency to source candidates for a specific role.
Location: United Kingdom
Job date: Sat, 15 Apr 2023 00:57:35 GMT
Apply for the job now!