Job title: Operations and Business Development Manager (Maternity Cover)
Company: Queen’s University Belfast
Job description: The Patrick G Johnston Centre for Cancer Research, School of Medicine, Dentistry and Biomedical Sciences at Queen’s University Belfast, is currently seeking to appoint an Operations and Business Development Manager to cover a period of maternity leave.
The post holder will manage all operations for Leukaemia & Lymphoma NI (LLNI) in the Centre by increasing local engagement with our life-saving research and will implement a long-term strategy to grow income for the charity. Working closely with the Board of Directors, researchers, clinicians, fundraisers, volunteers, other staff, policy makers and external stakeholders to raise awareness of the impact of LLNI on blood cancers and the benefit this has for local people.
The successful candidate must have, and your application should clearly demonstrate you have:
- A degree or substantial relevant experience
- A proven track record of relevant fundraising experience from individuals in the Higher Education, voluntary or health sectors or a proven track record of income generation in a Marketing or Sales environment
- A proven track record of relevant experience of working in a charity environment
- Experience of good stewardship/key account management practices
- Proven track record of achieving personal and team financial targets.
Please note the above are not an exhaustive list. For further information about the role including the essential and desirable criteria please click the Candidate Information link below.
This is a maternity cover position, available from 25 September 2023 until 23 August 2024. Fixed term contract posts are available for the stated period in the first instance but in particular circumstances may be renewed or made permanent subject to availability of funding.
At Queen’s our people are at the heart of everything we do. As a staff member you will become part of a vibrant organisational culture, which will provide you with the opportunity to achieve your full potential and enhance your career through a continuous focus on learning and development.
We offer an excellent employment package that includes:
- Great terms & conditions
- Pension schemes
- Flexible working by enabling you to design your working week in collaboration with your manager through a blend of remote and office working
- Family-friendly initiatives
- Career development opportunities
- Support for health & mental wellbeing
- Generous holiday entitlement of 8.4 weeks a year (made up of 23 days annual leave, 10 closure days and 9 bank holidays)
Queen’s University is committed to promoting equality of opportunity to all. We have created an inclusive culture by establishing staff networks such as iRise (Black, Asian, Minority Ethnic and International Staff Network) and PRISM (LGBTQ+) which help us progress equality.
We also subscribe to Equality Charter Marks such as the Diversity Charter Mark NI in addition to Athena Swan. For further information on our commitment to Equality, Diversity and Inclusion, please visit: ; i and
Informal enquiries may be directed to Claire Gilmore at
Expected salary: £36333 per year
Location: United Kingdom
Job date: Tue, 27 Jun 2023 00:42:07 GMT
Apply for the job now!