Job title: P&O Maritime Logistics – Senior Marine Manager, Dubai
Company: DP World
Job description: Job Description:
- Ensure fleet vessels are fit for purpose and fully operational to meet contractual obligations and customer requirements.
- Manage the Mooring (shore and seagoing), Pilot Boats & Tugs Department to ensure contractual obligations and customer requirements are met.
- Development of vessel programs to ensure the use of individual assets is optimised to gain efficiencies in crewing and maintenance.
- Ensure staff are appropriately trained and qualified for the vessels areas they will be required to operate in.
- Monitor and maintain survey and certification requirements to meet regulations and insurance requirements.
- Maintenance and development of company operational procedures.
- Management of Incident reports.
- Liaison with clients in regards to operational matters.
- Assistance in projects as required including build and modification programs, dry dockings, new installations, conversions.
- Authorisation of expenses within authority limits.
- Monitoring & reporting of financial variances against budgets
- Manage costs within budget and continuously implement efficiency improvements
Leadership and Performance Management:
- Lead and manage subordinate staff to ensure business goals are achieved and services are provided in an effective and timely manner
- Develop performance management plans in conjunction with subordinates to set performance direction and identify training and development need
- Regularly monitor and assess performance of subordinate staff and provide constructive feedback with the aim to improve job performance
Resource and Staff Management:
- Manage fleet vessels in order they are manned in accordance with statutory, class and operational requirements
- Ensure all staff rosters are adhered to
- Manage emerging employee issues (individuals or groups) in consultation with departmental Manager through to resolution
- Resolve industrial relations matters and to build effective relationships between management and staff
- Manage leave liabilities to acceptable levels as determined by Company
- Work with HR & Crewing Management on recruitment of staff in accordance with policies and procedures.
- Ensure subordinate staff awareness of and compliance with Company policy and procedures in line with quality and environmental standards
- Maintain all files and records in an up to date and accurate manner to improve the efficiency of day to day activities and compliance with statutory and quality standards
Occupational Health, Safety and Environment Management:
- Take appropriate action to respond to issues identified from Safety Meeting minutes and incident reports and to co-ordinate investigations and/or action required by management.
- Ensure fleet vessels are operated to and comply with Company health, safety, environment and quality standards and processes.
- Monitor the use and compliance with company Safety Environment and Quality Management System of subordinate staff with health and safety policies and procedures to maintain a safe working environment
- Ensure all incident reports are addressed and closed out including maintaining the register and co-ordinating any investigation and/or action required
- Ensure compliance with statutory requirements by monitoring the survey status of vessels and maintaining survey records
- Take corrective action to remedy safety hazards or risks and restore a safe working environment
- Strict compliance with the company policies and procedures
- To assist other department as and when required
- Able to respond to an emergency 24/7
- To provide duty relief for other operation managers as required
QUALIFICATION AND EXPERIENCE
- Master STCW 2010 Certificate of Competency – Class 1, with deep sea sailing experience of at least 3 years
- Substantial experience in port marine operations in a shore based management role for at least 10 years
- Substantial experience in the operational management of vessels as fleet manager or other senior position
- Demonstrated experience of vessel acquisition programmes
- Demonstrated knowledge of Quality and Safety Management systems, particularly those related to the shipping industry (ISM).
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office and relevant software applications.
- Broad maritime industry experience, with relevant shore based management experience
- Well-developed leadership and management skills
- Financial management skills
- Analytical and problem solving skills
- High level communication and interpersonal skills including report writing
- Effective time management and organisational skills
- Able to work under pressure and respond to changing work demands
- Strong customer service orientation
- Familiar with local (UAE) culture and experienced with a multi-national work force.
- Team leading skills
Job date: Sat, 08 Apr 2023 06:10:18 GMT
Apply for the job now!