Job title: Senior Business Development & Marketing Manager
Company: Kingsley Napley
Job description: Closing date: 26/05/2023
Working hours: Full-time (9.30 am to 5.30 pm, and as required, flexible applications considered)
Reports to: Business Development & Marketing Director
Kingsley Napley is an internationally recognised law firm based in Central London. We support individuals and businesses in resolving conflict, safeguarding their futures and maximising opportunities. Our wide range of expertise means that we can provide support for our clients in all areas of their business and private life. Many of our lawyers are leaders in their field and our practice areas are highly ranked by the legal directories.
Business Development & Marketing
Purpose of job
The Senior Business Development Manager will be responsible for implementing BD&M strategy across three practice groups: Public Law, Regulatory and Real Estate. This role will directly manage one BD Executive to deliver support to designated practices. Additionally, the role will be the firmwide lead and in-house ‘expert’ on tenders and pitches, and key account management, providing support and advice to BD&M Managers and Partners in these areas.
The focus of the role will be to build measurable BD & Marketing plans for each designated practice group, and to implement these using the BD Executive leveraging central marketing, communications, events, knowledge, digital, data and CRM specialists.
Key areas of activity will include producing content and collateral, pitches & presentations, organising events and sponsorships, managing directory entries, arranging and maintaining key account processes and planning, budgeting and reporting on spend.
The BD&M Manager will work closely with the BD&M Director on strategy, planning and measurement for designated practices as well as, importantly, leading firmwide on pitches/tenders and key account processes.
The Senior BD Manager will also work closely with the Heads of Communications and Data & Digital as well as BD&M Director to provide leadership and mentoring to the wider Marketing & BD team, particularly around pitches/tenders and key accounts.
Main duties and responsibilities will include:
- Tenders & Pitches – lead on creation of client presentations and pitches, as well as responses to tender requests to assist practices in winning revenue. Be the centre of excellence in this area firmwide, and build a knowledge repository to enable others.
- Key accounts – plan, monitor and report on activity, pipeline and revenue from key accounts. Build processes for use firmwide.
- Stakeholders – develop strong and effective relationships with partners and practice/group heads and BD/marketing partners from Public Law, Regulatory and Real Estate, based on a deep understanding of the firm, the practices/groups themselves, and the competitive markets in which the practices/firm operates.
- Planning, Budgeting & Reporting – create practice BD&M plans, in line with KN strategy, using firm wide planning approach. Implement, monitor, measure and report on activity.
- Directories and advertising – work to ensure practice areas are represented in appropriate listings, rankings, directories etc through earned and purchased channels, in order to build recognition in the marketplace.
- Content & Collateral – develop a calendarized yet responsive series of articles, blogs, whitepapers, videos, credentials, brochures etc to assist practices in developing their reputation.
- Events & Sponsorships – working with the Marketing Executive to create a calendarized programme of owned and purchased events, on and offline, to assist practices in building and sustaining client relationships.
- Management – train, develop, manage and ensure quality of delivery for the BD&E executive and the wider team around pitches/tenders/KAM.
- Financial reporting – manage BD&M expenses of the designated practices as well as analysing client billings for corresponding practice areas as needed.
- Responsible Business – Represent the BD&M team on key internal groups responsible business committees.
- Other such duties as and when required.
Every effort has been made to ensure that this is a full description of the tasks and responsibilities of this role. However, it is not an exhaustive list. The job description may be changed or developed at any time to reflect changes as required. However, changes will not be made without full consultation with the post-holder.
Kingsley Napley are committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will be considered for employment regardless of race, age, disability, gender identity, sexual orientation, gender reassignment, marriage and civil partnership, pregnancy and maternity and religion.
Location: Central London
Job date: Fri, 12 May 2023 05:48:35 GMT
Apply for the job now!