Job title: Senior Development Manager
Company: Buro Happold
Job description: We are currently searching for a Senior Development Manager who can support clients at strategic level in a development advisory capacity and also embed in management roles on programs and projects across their entire life cycle.
The Senior Development Manager is responsible for leading teams or functions within projects, the development of strategies and plans and management of stakeholders and other consultants, resources, schedules, financials etc. This also includes management of issues, risks and project change requests to ensure successful and on-time project delivery. Contribute to process improvement initiatives within the PMO.
Type of contract
Area of Expertise
Middle East, India and Asia
Office / Project Location
What will you be doing…
- Managing the entire project life cycle from planning through implementation
- Developing a project’s scope of work, including creating work plans, setting milestones, and creating budgets
- Develop the best way in which programs or projects are to be structured, directed and managed including the optimal organization structure, authority and decision making roles, prioritisation and initiation of new work, assignment of resources and funds, methods, processes and issue resolution.
- Define the organisation of the design and delivery process including level of client interface and oversight, resources and skills, design cycles, assurance approach, information and communication management and design packaging approach.
- Analysing the feasibility of proposed projects to determine if they are likely to be profitable
- Managing client relationships by developing long-term relationships with clients and building their trust in the firm
- Coaching and developing junior staff members to ensure that they meet project deadlines and achieve their desired career goals whilst in compliance with set standards, procedures, and guidelines
- Participating in internal meetings with other managers to discuss project status and any issues that may arise during the development process
- Leading teams of designers, architects, engineers, construction workers, and other professionals involved in the development process
- Assessment of projects objectives, expected benefits, performance indicators, scope, size and complexity, timescale, phases, cost and risk appetite.
- Support the Project Planner in the development of the schedule and strategic milestones and analyse key dependencies and test various phasing options.
- Develop a program-wide development strategy to identify and understand constraints and technical risks, hidden costs, resource and infrastructure requirements.
- Develop project execution plans and documents required to manage the project
- Manage every aspect of a project, including its planning, communication, risk assessment, and resources.
- Ensure availability of financial, material and human resources required to successfully complete a project
- Evaluate the progress of a project to detect limitations or faults in order to seek solutions to a more efficient process
- Monitor industry trends to identify changes in project strategies, tools, terminology and to adjust accordingly
- Use processes to delegate and ensure even distribution of tasks to project team members
- Manage budgets, schedule expenditure, and initiate corrective action to meet financial objectives
- Motivate team members to meet project goals by effectively carrying out their responsibilities
- Ensure time booked on project is accurately recorded on Deltek time management system
- Support the PMO function with business development and bidding activities
What will I need to be succesful in the role
- A Bachelor’s degree in Architecture, Engineering, or a related field
- A Project Management Professional (PMP) Certification may be advantageous
- Demonstrable leadership skills
- Good written and verbal communication skills
- Strong attention to details and technicalities
- Excellent organisational and technical skills
- Good interpersonal and multi-tasking skills
- Exceptional time management and organizational skills
- Ability to adapt and stress management skills
- Good IT and mathematical skills
Be you at Buro Happold
Buro Happold is proud to be a practice of a diverse range of professionals. We actively promote inclusivity to enable every individual to reach their full potential, the more inclusive we are the better our work will be.
We are working to change the lack of representation of minority groups in the built environment, and are particularly keen to hear from anyone who feels they are underrepresented in the industry. We have much to learn from one another. Embracing difference allows us to develop the most innovative and elegant solutions.
Job date: Wed, 29 Mar 2023 22:13:21 GMT
Apply for the job now!