Job title: Senior Manager Global Two-Wheeler Strategy & Execution
Job description: Description
Senior Manager Global Two-Wheeler Strategy & Execution | Al Futtaim Automotive | Customer Engagement
Location: Dubai, AE
Company: Al Futtaim Private Company LLC
Job Requisition ID: []
Established in the 1930s as a trading business, Al-Futtaim Group today is one of the most diversified and progressive, privately held regional businesses headquartered in Dubai, United Arab Emirates. Structured into five operating divisions; automotive, financial services, real estate, retail and healthcare; employing more than 35,000 employees across more than 20 countries in the Middle East, Asia and Africa, Al-Futtaim Group partners with over 200 of the world’s most admired and innovative brands. Al-Futtaim Group’s entrepreneurship and relentless customer focus enables the organization to continue to grow and expand; responding to the changing needs of our customers within the societies in which we operate.
By upholding our values of respect, excellence, collaboration and integrity; Al-Futtaim Group continues to enrich the lives and aspirations of our customers each and every day
Overview of the role:
Consumer behaviours towards two-wheeler buying are rapidly changing due to technology-driven trends, ESG awareness, ownership costs and disruptive business models. In Al-Futtaim, we are on a journey to transform our businesses to enhance the value chain and provide relevant and frictionless customer experiences.
The NBA department is responsible for assessing innovative business ideas and potentials, gathering market data, defining target companies/brands/ businesses and formulating business cases leading to proactive investment or distribution proposals.
The Senior Manager – Global Two Wheeler Strategy & Execution is responsible for developing and implementing Al-Futtaim’s Global Two-Wheeler Strategy with a broad cross-functional team across different countries, unlock new distrbutiorship opportuinties, lead M&A outreach and partnership opportunities, including initial financial and business case modelling.
The role will involve owning and iterating the Global Two-Wheeler Strategy with a strong growth mindset to build Al-Futtaim’s two wheeler portfolio of future. The candidate will enable growth through data driven analysis, market research, outreach to potential brands and shaping and evaluating business concepts.
On identified opportunities lead volume potential and business case appraisals of distribution, investment and partnership opportunities. The Senior Manager will be responsible for assessing the product-market fit, incl. product roadmap, Go to Market and distribution strategy of the brand/ investee company.
The candidate is expected to work iteratively with partners on a sprint basis to iterate the development of the business concept and business case to a state of readiness for internal financial assessment milestones with the finance department.
This role will involve potential travel with upto 20% of time in overseas markets (mainly India and Africa), while operating from the HQ in Dubai, UAE to build Al Futtaim’s overseas portfolio of fully owned subsidiaries or start-up investments.
This role will work in a fast-paced, start-up-like environment and collaborate with internal and external strategic partners to detail the partnership and financial models. The ideal candidate should have leadership experiences in the strategy, product planning or corporate business development of the two-wheeler industry, preferably Electric. MENA experience would further strengthen your candidacy.
What you will do:
- Lead strategy development of Al-Futtaim Two Wheeler Business by quantifying growth opportunities covering both developing and developed markets within ICE and EV segments.
- Develop the process of assessing electric and ICE two-wheelers across the competitive landscape, key partners and regulatory policies, key customer segments the vehicle application (B2B or B2C), the form factor and the TCO to evaluate product-market fit. Own feasibility/business case/valuation test to appraise prioritised investment opportunities (identifying key drivers/assumptions, performing sensitivity analysis and providing observations and recommendations)
- Work with teams to refine the business concept/model, evolving the business case to a state of readiness for internal financial assessment milestones with the finance department.
- Regularly brief Al-Futtaim Automotive senior execuitves of the Global Two-Wheeler strategy and the projects under evaluation and in progress
Coordinating the pre-Due Diligence,Due Diligence:
- Lead the due diligence of new opportunities, including technical, commercial, financial, tax and legal, and conduct due diligence internally or with external advisors.
- Champion the working group for the priority companies and building a cross-functional team with relevant internal departments, including Finance, to evolve and finalise a detailed business case, including Capex and Opex requirements
- Lead discussions with the manufacturer to build consensus on the legal agreements, and work with internal teams on multiple workstreams that impact all areas of business set up such as human resources, network development, marketing, digital tools etc.
- Build a multiplier effect framework on how to vertically integrate the new businesses to the core and existing AFA operations
- Develop the organisation blueprint built for effective management of the business to be setup, future scale up and advanced phases
- As the project owner, be the primary point of contact with the manufacturer and key internal teams to ensure timely progress to launch
- Own the end-to-end process from obtaining approval, executing legal documents, Company/ department set-up, incubating/ scaling up, overseeing network development/dealerships and handing off/ integrating with the wider Automotive Two-Wheeler Business.
- Work with on-the-ground overseas teams on implementing the two wheeler strategy including localization requirements and relationship with principals.
- Engage with start-ups Al-Futtaim invested in, to ensure success of start-ups
Building Pipeline of Future Opportunities:
- Explore future ways of retailing, propose digital solutions, identify targeted customers, build processes, and develop a pricing strategy
- Develop investment papers on new opportunities for partnerships and presentations for submission to the Investment Committee and the Executive Board.
Required Skills to be successful:
- 10 years experience in new business development & network development
- Indian market experience is a must & Africa is a plus
- Strategic experience in Two wheeler business
- Willing to travel up to 20% when its required
About the Team:
The role will report to Head of Growth and you will be working in a very busy and fast pace environment.
What equips you for the role:
- 10 years+ experience in new business development, network development, ideally within the two-wheeler industry with experience in managing the international market strategy.
- Previous experience in high-growth businesses and start-up phase is required
- Experience with Electric 2 Wheeler business is highly desirable
- Understanding of financial modelling and business case development with excellent analytical and agile project management skills
- Cross-functional team lead experience
- Well-developed oral and written communication with a strong ability to network
- Attention to detail
- Comfortable with diving deep into qualitative and quantitative data to pinpoint opportunities
- Excellent in preparing clear, concise presentations that summarize findings and recommendations from strategic projects and present findings to internal and external stakeholders on a regular basis
About Al-Futtaim Automotive
A major division of the UAE-based Al-Futtaim Group of companies, Al-Futtaim Automotive is an industry leader with presence in 10 countries across the Middle East, Asia and Africa.
Our core business activities at Al-Futtaim Automotive include distribution, manufacturing, leasing and aftersales, and we are firmly established as the regional representative of some of the world’s most iconic automotive brands: Toyota, Lexus, Honda, Jeep, Chrysler, Dodge, Volvo and RAM.
We are driven by a customer-centric approach, constantly pushing the boundaries on innovation, quality standards, and value-added service across our vast universe of customers – right from motoring enthusiasts to fleet operators to contractors. Our mission is to become the leader in custom-made mobility solutions by delivering nothing less than world-class omni-channel experiences.
We channel our local expertise and global trust to deliver one of the most comprehensive portfolios of mobility products and solutions, from passenger cars to SUVs, electric vehicles to high-performance motorbikes, commercial vehicles to industrial & construction equipment.
What keeps the company moving forward is a 9000-member strong team, with inspiring possibilities for growth, throughout the career path. This is Al-Futtaim Automotive and we empower talent to move forward.
Job date: Sun, 09 Apr 2023 03:57:52 GMT
Apply for the job now!