Job title: Business Development Manager- Power & Renewables
Company: Wood Mackenzie
Job description: Company Description
Wood Mackenzie are the global research, analytics, and consultancy business powering the natural resources industry. For 50 years, we have been providing the quality data, analytics, and insights our customers rely on to inspire their decision making.
Our dedicated oil, gas & LNG, power & renewables, chemicals, metals & mining sector teams are located around the world and deliver a variety of projects based on our assessment and valuation of thousands of individual assets, companies, and economic indicators such as market supply, demand, and price trends.
We have over 1,900 employees in 30 locations, serving customers in nearly 80 countries. Together, we inspire and innovate the markets we serve – providing invaluable intelligence to help our customers overcome the toughest challenges, and make strategic decisions that will, ultimately, accelerate the world’s transition to a more sustainable future.
This is an opportunity to join the Sales team for Wood Mackenzie’s Power & Renewables (P&R) business. The P&R Sales team is a dedicated team of specialists passionate about enabling and driving our client’s success through use of our industry leading data and analytics services across power, renewables and energy transition.
P&R is a fast-growing business segment for Wood Mackenzie. To further enable this growth, we are investing in a dedicated P&R Business Development capability which will play a pivotal role in growing into new customers. We are currently seeking a dynamic new business developer who can grow the business via both inbound and outbound sales activities.
The role of the New Business Development Manager is to help lead the prospecting, identifying and closing of new business for Wood Mackenzie’s P&R products and services across the region.
Key objectives include:
- Develop a comprehensive plan to build out Wood Mackenzie’s current client portfolio and establishing new customer relationships in strategic growth sectors.
- Target, prospect, identify, evaluate, and prioritize new business opportunities and execute the practices necessary to successfully open doors and close opportunities.
- Collaborate with Research, Consulting, Marketing and Account teams to ensure professional standards are always met.
- Develop a good understanding of Wood Mackenzie’s P&R suite of services to be able to effectively understand customer’s needs and effectively position solutions.
- Ensure sales targets are achieved.
- Work closely with regional teams to ensure an aligned approach to business development.
- Conceive and execute effective promotional and prospecting programmes to increase awareness of Wood Mackenzie among qualified prospects.
- Effectively negotiate contractual terms for new business.
- Promote Wood Mackenzie in line with the company strategy, business plans and values.
- Attend relevant P&R industry events to pursue new business opportunities.
- Work with the Account Management team to ensure a successful handover process.
Knowledge & Experience
- 5+ years’ experience of new business development and sales, preferably achieved within professional services, and ideally within a Power & Renewables sector environment.
- Demonstrate experience in building customer relationships along with excellent communication skills
- Highly collaborate with strong influencing and organisational skills.
- Sound judgement
- Rapid comprehension and retention of information.
- Ability to demonstrate bigger picture understanding of client’s marketing or business strategy.
- Ability to consume and interpret research and build actionable insights
- Solution-oriented thinking: anticipate client questions and has well thought-out answers.
- Ability to represent and promote Wood Mackenzie in a professional manner and demonstrate value added service to clients.
- Experience with CRM systems would be an advantage.
- Self-motivated, energetic, proactive
- Ability to work autonomously
- Client focussed and results orientated
- Team working
- Flexibility and Resourcefulness
- Business and commercial acumen
- Continuous learner
WoodMackenzie is an equal opportunities employer.
We consider all qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, citizenship, sex, gender identity and/or expression, sexual orientation, veteran’s status, age or disability.
Unsolicited resumes sent to WoodMackenzie, including unsolicited resumes sent to a WoodMackenzie business mailing address, fax machine or email address, or directly to WoodMackenzie employees, will be considered WoodMackenzie property. WoodMackenzie will not pay a fee for any placement resulting from the receipt of unsolicited resume.
Job date: Sat, 15 Apr 2023 22:19:19 GMT
Apply for the job now!