The UF Innovation Academy (IA) office is actively accepting applications for a Student Assistant in a part-time student administrative position. This individual will serve as the initial point of contact for the office.
This position will be responsible for assisting with office tasks and assisting in the administration of departmental activities and providing a welcoming environment for students, & visitors.
Primary responsibilities include, but not limited to:
- Greeting and directing students and visitors
- Manage incoming phone calls and respond or redirect as appropriate
- Monitor IA email box
- Common office activities including data entry, printing, scanning, copying, filing
- Helping with event planning and execution
- Monitor classroom cleanliness, supplies and restock as needed
$12.00 per hour
This position is open to all students who are eligible to work on campus, be employed through student Other Personnel Services (OPS), and maintain a minimum 2.0 grade point average. Must be in good academic and conduct standing with the University of Florida. Registered students are employed on a part-time basis, up to 12 hours per week.
- Punctual and reliable
- Experience in customer service
- Strong verbal and communication skills
- Ability to manage confidential information
- Must be able to work independently and with a team
- Effective written and verbal communication
- Experience in administrative, clerical and/or customer service
- Experience with Microsoft Office Suite
- Demonstrate attention to professionalism and punctuality
Special Instructions to Applicants:
10-12 hours per week, Monday – Friday between 8 a.m. – 5 p.m. These hours will be worked on-campus at the Innovation Academy office.
This position may occasionally require schedule adjustments to assist with after hours or weekend events.
To be considered, you must upload your:
- Cover Letter
- Spring 2024 course schedule
- Weekly availability (Monday – Friday)
Application must be submitted by 11:55 p.m. (ET) of the posting end date.