The New Store within The New School is currently accepting applications for temporary seasonal retail associates to deliver a knowledgeable, thoughtful and inspiring customer service experience which plays an integral role in achieving the stores sales and metric goals. This role reports to the Store Manager.
You are expected to uphold The New School’s standards, policies and procedures as well as proactively connect to the customer base made up of students, alumni, faculty/staff, parents and our neighborhood partners. This individual creates a highly positive, engaging and memorable experience for customers that drives conversion and sales, encourages repeat visitation and positive word of mouth for the product and store.
The New School is committed to creating and maintaining an environment that promises diversity and tolerance in all areas of employment, education and access to its educational, artistic or cultural programs and activities. The New School does not discriminate on the basis of age, race, color, creed, sex or gender (including actual or perceived gender identity or expression or transgender status), sexual orientation, sexual and other reproductive health decisions, pregnancy, religion, religious practices, mental or physical disability, national or ethnic origin, citizenship status, veteran status, marital or partnership status, or any other legally protected status.
Reports to: The New School Store Manager
- Performs register transactions including sales, returns and general packing of merchandise accurately
- Executes daily stock maintenance by ensuring that all merchandise and fixtures are displayed, replenished and clean
- Responds to customer inquiries and assists in making selections
- Escalate any store needs, merchandise, new ideas, customer feedback to the Store Manager
- Assists in fulfilling online orders
- Participates in inventory counts, cycle counts
- Creates a positive and memorable experience for customers, including prospective students and parents visiting on tours, further driving conversion and sales
- Ensure all customer interactions support the school’s mission for The New Store and encourages repeat visitation and positive word of mouth
- Adhere to uniform policy and maintains a professional and positive presence on the sales floor
- Complies with all scheduling and time and attendance policies
- Stays current on happenings at the school and is knowledgeable of school layout
- Performs any other duties reasonably related to the functions described above
On-Campus Position and Affiliated Retail Locations/Pop Ups – Employees in this position are expected to work on-campus during regularly scheduled work hours due to the nature of the work being that which is not feasible, or not in the best interest of the organization, to be performed remotely.
$18.00 – $20.00 per hour
Start Date: November 1, 2023
End Date: Ongoing for seasonal pop ups Ex. Holiday Market, Graduation etc.
Hours per week: Variable depending on pop up needsMinimum Qualifications:
- Retail sales experience preferred
- Committed to delivering a high level of customer service
- Strong verbal, organizational, and communication skills
- Able to perform physical tasks as needed
- Ability to work a POS, Email, Inventory Management Systems